• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kx7-333R not stable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shan

My problem is that after I play cs for 1 hr, my pc crashed, I have to reboot it. it just happened recently. during the summer, I didn't have this kinda of problem at all, and I set my cpu fan at "low" (volcano7+) by that time. And now, I set it at "medium", it still crashes randomly. Is there anything I need to change in the bios? or my cpu temp. is 2 high (50C idle 60C load)... I am really wondering how I can lower my cpu temp. I didn't oc it. it's at default (2000+ 1.67Ghz). its really annoying.
PC info: AMD Athlon XP 2000+, KX7-333R, 2 WD 120GB SE (raid 0), Leadtek GF4 Ti4600, SB LIVE! x-gamers, Powercolor TV tuner, Enermax 350Watts, Toshiba DVD, Plextor CD burner and one NIC.

Thanks in advance.

this is what it says "The instruction at 0x77d5c4b0 referenced memory at 0x77d445c2. The memory could not be written.

anyone has any idea on what it means?

I believe that is a memory error.
60C is pretty high, high enough to cause a crash. I'd lap the heatsink, if you haven't allready, reapply thermal grease, if you haven't allready, invest in some Artic silver 3. Try running it with the side of the case off. If that helps, it indicates that you need better case airflow. Clean any dust out of your heasink, a dust buildup could be the problem.
How are your voltage levels reading in motherboard monitor?

I did put some thermal grease on it.. the voltage is around 1.76V.
2.61V for DDR, 4.92V for 5V, 12.11V for 12V. now I am openning my case, the temp never goes above 55C, but that error still occurs.

Power supply looks a bit low. 350W does not seem like enough for all the stuff your running.

What are your voltages?

[EDIT] NM, I see them [EDIT]

I just got da AS3 today, put it on and re-lapped HS, temp dropped down 13c. Now it's only 43c idle and 49c full load. ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, PC doesn't crash even once today. AS3 is amazing! Thx for help. My cpu voltage is at 1.75v, since I don't need to oc it to get 100 fps in counter-strike, should I lower it a little bit for extra cooling? and how much can I lower?

shan said:
I just got da AS3 today, put it on and re-lapped HS, temp dropped down 13c. Now it's only 43c idle and 49c full load. ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, PC doesn't crash even once today. AS3 is amazing! Thx for help. My cpu voltage is at 1.75v, since I don't need to oc it to get 100 fps in counter-strike, should I lower it a little bit for extra cooling? and how much can I lower?
Hey I'm glad you got the problem fixed! 13c is a lot though, the heatsink may have not been seated very well or been backwards or something (not that I have experience with such a thing :rolleyes:)

As far as undervolting the CPU I've seen some people take it as far down as 1.65. Approach it just like overclocking, move it down slowly & run stability tests to see if the chip is stable. You can get a very cool running chip this way, good luck.

Back