• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

L12 wire mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cow2kie

Did I do it wrong? When resetting the bios, it comes up as 100X5. Isnt it supposed to be 166X ? The bottomview of that picture.. is that the picture of the socket.. or the bottomview of the processor

Deathknight

Looks like thats the bottom of the processor, not the top down view of the socket.

EDIT: Clarification, your pic, not the one I linked to, was the bottom of the processor.

OP
Cow2kie

Cow2kie

well if thats the viewing the socket from above, then i did it right O_O

Deathknight

try and reset your cmos and see what it boots at. When you are at stock everything settings, this is when you should see the 166fsb default

OP
Cow2kie

Cow2kie

I didnt try to reset the cmos.. but how nub I feel. I just loaded optimized defaults.. and boom 166 :) /me smacks myself

Now i'll test to see if I get any gain from it. HOpefully no loss :x

OP
Cow2kie

Cow2kie

will i have to losen my timings any? or should it run 2,2,2,11 at whatever i can throw at it?

OP
Cow2kie

Cow2kie

Im still only able to reach 223 :/ So I gained nothing, and loss nothing. hmm whats stoppin it? :x

Deathknight

Hrm you may want to try and loosen your timings some and see if that helps. Alot of boards do top out in that 220-230 range though. Are you running dual channel?

OP
Cow2kie

Cow2kie

Yes im running dual chan. I was just hoping to be like some of the other users and pop back and say now 240 stable! :p

OP
Cow2kie

Cow2kie

i switched the memory so its in the two slots together (dual chan disabled) i couldnt even get it to boot into windows at 225 then.. in dual chan i could boot in 225 and play a game for a while before it restarted

*edit i get no errors at 223 in memtest.. but it wouldnt boot into windows when i tried it at 225? wtf

OP
Cow2kie

Cow2kie

I tried a 3:4 ratio to see if my memory could go high and was just my fsb slowing the memory down.. im at 226 right now running memtest w/ no errors so far. I just cant seem to get over 223 fsb. I know cooling can't be the problem for the NB because i have a heatsink on that almost as big as the one on my processor. D: any suggestions masa ocer? :p

OP
Cow2kie

Cow2kie

ya i have it maxed, 1.7v i think

bios version, 6A61ba1bc-19

Last edited:
OP
Cow2kie

Cow2kie

Ya, i flashed it to 10, but no good results from it. It seemed to take a lot longer to boot windows though.. and my windows install got corrupted so now I can't use my pc at all because I dont have an xp cd to install from. :/