• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

laser mouse too strong, any suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dusnoetos

Does the game it's self have a "mouse sensitivity" control??? Never personally played Call of Duty... but every game I have played has a mouse control setting.

madhatter256

Special Member
You can also change the sensitivity in the Control Panel in the Mouse Menu..

If you're not moving the mouse and it jitters from side to side, try having the mouse on a different mouse pad (if you are using one). Or the mouse could be going bad.

Diggrr

Underwater Senior Member
I always have to un-check the "enhance pointer precision" box (control panel>mouse>pointer options) to keep my Belkin's pointer from zipping across the screen randomly...Very Annoying!
Win 7 Pro 64 seems to be okay thus far, but all other OS's have needed that adjustment.
It also helps to use a q-tip once in a while to clean out the little pocket holding the light on the mouse's bottom. Imagine that, my mouse gets belly-button lint!

Theocnoob

Ok. So... NOBODY read this guy's post???

His laser tracks at unreasonable distances from the surface. When he reaches his mousepad surface and picks up to re-center, even 1/2" off the surface it still tracks, making for unwanted movement. My mouse stops tracking at about 1cm, which is 1/3" approximately.

OP I would suggest you just get a new mouse. A $7 Logitech will do you for the time being.

OP
retrogreq

retrogreq

Ok. So... NOBODY read this guy's post???

His laser tracks at unreasonable distances from the surface. When he reaches his mousepad surface and picks up to re-center, even 1/2" off the surface it still tracks, making for unwanted movement. My mouse stops tracking at about 1cm, which is 1/3" approximately.

OP I would suggest you just get a new mouse. A $7 Logitech will do you for the time being.

thanks, its too bad, cause i really like this mouse...other than the insane tracking..but ive been told glass might help (as a surface) unfortunately, you have to have a nylon glove for glass to work. im thinking about getting one, but then again, thats about as annoying as having to lift the mouse so high.

i might just rma it for a different mouse : /

deed

thanks, its too bad, cause i really like this mouse...other than the insane tracking..but ive been told glass might help (as a surface) unfortunately, you have to have a nylon glove for glass to work. im thinking about getting one, but then again, thats about as annoying as having to lift the mouse so high.

i might just rma it for a different mouse : /

Wouldnt it be easier to raise the sensitivity or get a bigger mouse pad? I never have to move my mouse more then an inch from the center and never pick it up to recenter and you get used to the speed after a couple days.

OP
retrogreq

retrogreq

Wouldnt it be easier to raise the sensitivity or get a bigger mouse pad? I never have to move my mouse more then an inch from the center and never pick it up to recenter and you get used to the speed after a couple days.

you really arent reading the post....the sensitivity is not what is bothering me.

EDIT: reread your post, and i get what you are saying now...the way i play, i do a lot of jumping and moving while in the air, and a higher sensitivity would take alot of getting used to. i would rather just use the mouse the way i used my old one, which involves a lot of recentering.

Old Thrashbarg

My MX1000 would track somewhat even at about 3/4" off the surface. I never really thought it to be a problem, since that's kinda how it was supposed to behave... it goes along with the whole ability to track on just about any surface.

You aren't going to get it to behave the same as your old mouse, that's for sure. If you don't like how it acts, and you don't want to readjust your habits, you would probably be better served by just getting a lower-DPI optical mouse.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
wierd idea, but why not use some semi-transparent tape on the bottom of the laser? it might reduce the height it starts to track...

Jorlain

Have you installed SetPoint? If you have, there should be an option under Mouse Game Settings, near the bottom right hand corner called Advanced Game Settings. There might be something in there that could help you out. I know I had to goof around with some stuff to get my new MX 518 to feel more like my old MX3000 Laser.

deed

learn to not lift the mouse.

this is one of the greatest techniques that will enhance your fragging abilities.

Err if he doesnt lift the mouse how does he get it back center without moving somewhere he doesnt want?

torin3

wierd idea, but why not use some semi-transparent tape on the bottom of the laser? it might reduce the height it starts to track...

That makes a lot of sense. I'd also try a few different styles of clear/semi-clear, as they should have slightly different effects.

OP
retrogreq

retrogreq

brilliant....ill give it a try tomorrow, since im currently drunk and about to go to bed anyways

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
the only down side i can see to using tape... is that it will diffuse the laser more and be less accurate.

report back or beatings will ensue from the ocf monkeys!! :)

OP
retrogreq

retrogreq

the only down side i can see to using tape... is that it will diffuse the laser more and be less accurate.

report back or beatings will ensue from the ocf monkeys!! :)

was a great thought, but it doesnt work. even clear tape messes up the laser enough that the mouse wont even move with it over the laser :(

OP
retrogreq

retrogreq

i could turn that many times without lifting as well, i just do alot of recentering....its the way i play :p