• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Last time I buy on Ebay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theELVISCERATOR

So I am buying a chip on ebay from a 100 percent seller..

I win the auction, I make immediate payment through paypal then try to contact the seller.

Email bounced back perm bad address..

I check the email @ paypal send one there same thing....

I call the number listed for the seller at EBAY and some guy answers doesnt know what I am talking about..

Finally the seller contacts me through ebay after I file complaints through ebay and PP about the situation.

He blames me for being paranoid, and says he is changing emails and phone numbers AT THE SAME TIME.

without updating his records on ebay FIRST.

I get a refund through PP but how is it I am the one to blame? ( he blames me for being paranoid in his email to me).

Last edited:

Mathis

Disabled
You're not at all the one to blame, but unfortunately there's not much you can do about it save for posting his ebay account name here so that nobody will order from him. But I'm not sure if that's against some type of rule here.

OldSkool

Rest In Peace
Although I can understand the frustration on your end and his, If he was out to rob you, he would have. As it stands, you got your money back and more than likely would have gotten your product. The problem is that we live in a world that evokes doubt and mistrust. Neither of you are really at fault, you each just could've done things differently and the outcome would've been much more positive. I had a similar event where, after I won an item, the listing was canceled and I figure darn, I'm messed over. Turns out, it was just a misunderstanding, buyer got paid and I got the product. I am sorry it didn't go well for you, but there are alot of nice deals from many honest sellers, I wouldn't count eBay out totally if it were me.

Sarsbaby

Disabled
I don't think it is, I had "E-bay user Seaturtle64 is a Douche" as part of my sig for a while.

I think as long as they are not a member here, it's not a personal attack.

Go ahead, blast away!

Though, how long did you give him to rectify the situation? Sometimes a little patience can go a long way. I've had bad deals on E-Bay, but I didn't freak out and all of them were handled to my satisfaction. I'm not saying you freaked out or anything, I understand where you're coming from but, yeah he might have been changing both at the same time. S*** happens. As far as I know it's pretty hard to fake a 100% feedback rating, now how many people left feedback is another thing. You can easily have 100%, but only 1 feedback.

There are alot of good people still on E-Bay, you just need to use some caution and instinct. If it seems shady, like some wierd return policy or odd description, don't buy it. That's the beauty of E-Bay! Beggars CAN be choosers! Ther're so many great deals, but just as many bad ones. Also, try the E-Bay stores, they tend to be very trust-worthy.

OP
theELVISCERATOR

theELVISCERATOR

Thats just it.. he had an ebay store with multiple misspellings..( fraud sign right there), plus a russian name......double whammy..

hank123

i would say fly to Russia drink some vodka nail some hot Russian chick (they are hot) punch the dude in the Adams apple and pee on him. He will never make a bad sale again.

i know dude buying off of ebay is kind of scary. the way i see it is if i cant take the hit of losing that money what am i doing spending it in the first place.

So i feel like there are 2 ways of looking at this. If u think ur going to get F @#$ then by from Newegg.

stool

This is tough. I had a guy I paid for a video card on eBay, right from Paypal. No confirmation of receipt, no nothing for a week. I finally get an email from the guy where his mother had died, he was out of town for the funeral, and as soon as he got back he contacted me, took care of business, and shipped the item. I received it in good shape and working order. Who the hell am I to say he tried to screw me because there was a circumstance beyond my (or his) control. Just something to think about.

OP
theELVISCERATOR

theELVISCERATOR

How long between winning the auction and requesting a refund?

Not long I never requested the refund..... he did it on his own...

If you send someone a request for payment then put a dead email on it, wouldnt that set you off?

Like I said I merely asked how it was going to be shipped and that started a steamroll effect of bad emails.. wrong phone numbers listed..on and on....

I figure why wait for it to go on for a while...PP doesnt give you much time to complain either..