• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LCD Monitor Resolution Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CuriousOne

Registered
I have 2 Dell 15" LCD monitors (E151FP & 1504FP). Is it possible to have these run at their native 1024x768 resolution, regardless of what resolution the signal being sent to them is? I ask because the original signal is going to a 21" CRT (I am splitting the signal to run on multiple monitors) and will be at 1600x1200, which these LCDs cannot run at.

Your video card controls the resolution for the monitor. If you have a video card that can have dual monitors then you could have one at different resolutions. The only thing I can say is you probably will have to have all the monitors at 1024X768 for it to work. Maybe someone else knows of a way to do it but from what I've learned about monitors I see no other way than to set it at the lowest resolution that each monitor can handle.

Back