• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LCD under $450 or so...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BomberBear

I've seen many recommend the BenQ 17" FP767 and just wanted to hear what others would recommend. I was looking at the Samsung 181T but couldn't handle the price @ $530. I do play games, GTA, Unreal2, Mafia, and Postal 2 are currently what I play. Also, I have a Geforce 4 but I was a cheap *** when I bought it and it doesn't have a DVI connector.
Thanks

Cisco Kid

I followed snvpa's advice after I did a tonne of research and I have bought a black one myself. I paid the equal of $355 US here in Canada. For you in the US there is a 30 mail in rebate till end of June. I would not consider the Samsung at all.

From the specs the BenQ is among the top 3 made. Hotkoala laid out some good info in another thread alot of knowledge on LCD's, I was specifically looking at 2 other models the Acer AL732 w DVI and the NEC 1760NX w DVI. The BenQ does not have DVI but from what I saw when I compared in store the dvi is really not gonna be a huge diff, and I have a 9500 Pro which ofers DVI, but I could not justify about an extra $125 US here for DVI .

The BenQ offfers 500:1 contrast and 16 ms response with a very decent viewing angle about 140, which is more than needed , from the reviews I read it will game as well as any of the others at a lower cost. I am getting ready to hook mine up as I just got it today, so alot of what I have said above is based on reading and other users replies. It just does not have DVI but I can say that from what I have read anolg to digital conversion these days is way way better than a year or 2 ago so I am confident it will more than meet my needs.

Here are its specs and a review from April 03. I had the opportunity to compare it side by side the Acer AL732 using DVI. Also BenQ and Acer are the same company each unit has its own design. As far as look it is average , there are better looking LCD's but in black it is quite nice , just basic looking.

http://www.benq.com/display/lcd_fp767_specs.html

http://www.avault.com/hardware/getreview.asp?review=benqfp767lcd&page=1

All the best get ready to convert as Phobbx (think I spelled that right) did to me

Cisco KID

OP
BomberBear

BomberBear

hmm, I guess I will go with that monitor. (my birthday is on June 28th :) ) now to decide black or beige. black speakers, blue/silver mouse, beige keyboard, and a beige case. not to mention a beige printer and a beige fax machine with a silver scanner. :D
Thanks guys
BTW where is the mail-in-rebate you are speaking of.

Cisco Kid

BomberBear said:
hmm, I guess I will go with that monitor. (my birthday is on June 28th :) ) now to decide black or beige. black speakers, blue/silver mouse, beige keyboard, and a beige case. not to mention a beige printer and a beige fax machine with a silver scanner. :D
Thanks guys
BTW where is the mail-in-rebate you are speaking of.

get the mail in at benQ US website, it is on the main page, I am very happy with this monitor , persoanlly the black is sweet looking and now that I have it the look is pretty decent. It games and plays dvd's well to:D :D :D

cisco kid

Icarus

Hi! I have a question for all you Benq FP767 users out there.
Does it display darker shades of colors properly? i.e Can it display the differences between dark blue, grey and black well, or does it all appear kindda black? I'm looking for a new LCD for my com. but that's my primary consideration. Thanks!

Cisco Kid

I find it is able to differentiate the clours but I will have to spend more time to really make note of what you are asking and watch for it. But so far I feel it does, also pm snpva with your question

cisco kid