• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leadtek A250TD & Abit Kt7 Raid ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cozmo_d

Hey I just got my 2nd G-Force card

Ive been using Voodoo & ATI

Now I have this Leadtek A250TD G-Force 4 4400 TI

earlier in the week had a PNY but it was messed up

I reserched it well (the leadtek) before purchasing it & it realy looks like a great card... Problem is im having many crashes & instant restarts & I havent even run a game up yet

My temp is a solid 37c

I reformated my disk & reinstalled win98v2 & then installed the latest via 4in1 drivers then I installed the usb filter driver then I updated windows then I began installing each card starting with the new leadtek gforce card so anyway to keep this short everything installed but its still crashing randomley sometimes on post it just restarts sometimes it runs for 15 min. before it locks up or just auto-reboots still I havent loaded a game yet
been monitoring temp on 1.3 duron its been @ 37-38c so its not a temp issue well least not for the cpu

is there a conflict or something between gforce cards & Abit kt7-raid (non A version)(not running raid either)

Im ready to freekout !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was excited too finaly get a g force card & now its, Grrrrrrr.....
BTW this is the 2nd gforce card I tryed in the last 2 weeks

the first one was a PNY G-force 4 4400ti & it was doing the same shiznit but even worse, so I returned it too Best Buy cuz it seemed like a hardware problem

& now this leadtek is doing the same thing

Please tell me theres something I can do too make this work
I cant buy a new motherboard @ this time But I do have a 900 t bird chip that I could swap with the 1.3 Duron if needed

Does anyone else have this card ? or having simular problem & fixed it ? please help

:mad:

Last edited:
OP
cozmo_d

cozmo_d

Did I mention Ive tryed the drivers from the leadtek sight

wich did not work & I tryed the latest drivers from nvidia sight

Neither works worth a dam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im typing this on 16colors 640x480
talk about hard on the eyes

I noticed the bios version on this card is from april 2002 hmmmmmmm

wonder if they released a new bios yet for this card & if that would help

F!#$% Bullchit

:mad: :eek: :eh?: :confused: :argue: :mad:

OP
cozmo_d

cozmo_d

Man I been up 8 straight hours working on this after a 10 work shift !!!

my brain is raked Im just gona bust out a shotgun any second now & ventalate this card :D :p :D

Angry

ey, you may have tried this alreayd but have you tried running AGP @ 2x instaed of 4x?

I think it may be something with your motherboard....

OP
cozmo_d

cozmo_d

ummmmm nope ill try that right now good idea

any other tips sure would help Im @ my wits end

seams too work great @ 640x 480 16colors >>>[email protected]

gona go try 2 things

reseting the bios & then gona set it too 2x agp

OP
cozmo_d

cozmo_d

well I might be jumping the gun

but it seams disabaling agp x4 in the bios did the trick

as well I reset the bios first so now Ill be off too tweek that

hope this is a real fix & not just one of thoes 15 minuite coincidences :D

OP
cozmo_d

cozmo_d

DOOD DOOD DOOD !!!

THX ALOT ITS ALL GOOD NOW

I Cleared the c-mos & then set agp too disabled = 2x

now its runin great but I need too call abit & ask them wtf why dosent this board support 4x agp

Angry

Sweet, had a huntch it would be the same problem I had with a KT7a....

It may actualy be a video card/ motheroard conflict, So hopefuly abit will have a fix for it....

Good luck with the new card, BTW the really isnt that much a difference between agp 2x and 4x..but as said everylittle bit helps...gota run laterz....

OC-Master

Dont just leave it at this, you may be able to regain your AGP4X stability back by messing with the AGP Drive strength.

Use parameters of DE or EA to best suit the GeForce2/3 card. Some people use settings even in Fs to get stability.

I personally use AUTO which defualts to EA :)

OC-Master

OC Noob

Its an NVidia card, they are immune to problems. This kind of thing only happens with ATI cards;)

Set it back to 4x AGP and forget it. The whole messy incident was in your head:p

OP
cozmo_d

cozmo_d

Well oc_noob

there was a real problem

Im guessing it had something too do with the previousley installed Voodoo 5 AGP & the bios

after I cleared the c mos it worked great
but it was on 2x agp

so I tested some games & then got brave & reset the agp too 4x

seems stable so far thx for the tip

If anyone else has problems with the G-Force 4 4400ti

& on install its whaked just cleer your c mos & it should be good too go

CSaddict

I had a similar problem with my Leadtek 4600. I cleared the CMOS and restarted and bang! MINTY FRESH and is running great. Clear your cmos bro.