• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leadtek Nforce2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BadOC

What do you guys think about the new leadtek nf2 board out. I saw a good price on a site was gonna pick it up, but i think i should get some opinions first. I know you cannot adjust the cpu mulitplier on it, however, if i do not plan to unlock my xp, then what other things are not up to par on this board?
Another question, me having ddr266 RAM, 1 stick of 512, will i be compatible with this board? I keep hearing things about dualddr tech, and i am not quite sure i understand what that means. Do i need 2 dimms? or is it just recommeneded for superior performance?
Thanks alot for your help.

RnPgrosz

You will need two sticks to take advantage of Dual DDR. If I were you I would wait a little longer for the Epox or Abit boards to come out. I would also take a look at the Asus board which seems to have some nice features and decent overclocking options(review on THG).

Tipycol

From what I hear, the Epox board is due out sometime this week. I don't know when the Abit board will be out, but it can't be too far off. Right now, I wouldn't go for any nForce 2 board though. The Epox, although it supposedly has the highest fsb, it has no PCI lock which makes those fsb options useless. The Asus, while having the multi options, has no room around the socket. The Chaintech and Leadtek have no multi options. The only problem I've heard with Abit is that the board only goes up to 237MHz in fsb, but I don't know if it has the PCI lock or not yet. So as of now, I wouldn't go and get a board until there are more options and reviews available.

NeoGeo

As of a recent bios update, the Chaintech board now supports multiplier options. The EPoX boards are on pricewatch with ETA of 11/22, ~$130. Not even a manual or ETA on the Abit NF7-S, yet.

Tipycol

K...Thanks for the udate. Someone posted here that the Abit board will be available in Sweeden in December for $164, so it has to be available in the States before that (hopefully ;)). Well, I hear the Asus can now go up to 250fsb, it's looking real tempting now ;)