• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leaking water-block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

splash back

Registered
hi all,

My first stab at water-cooling has gone rather well, thanks to all that recomended sites to me and sites with advice, well the problem started when i was leak testing, everything was working well nothing wrong until i looked at my water block just sitting in a pudle of water:mad: I need your help here cause im not sure what it is i have an EHEIM 1005 pump and a small case so i dont think height is a problem but it might be, if it is should i put a second one in-line as i do have a second one, if its the water-block will enzo tape fix it (u no the rubber stuff)? its causing quite a head ache for me as i just want to get it in my case ASAP, all my parts are from inovatec, i have 2 reservoirs one large and one just outside of the pump (so the impellor chamber is flooded).

Any help is apreciated many thanks alex

brodo

the waterblock is a inovatec block? and is it leaking from a crack in the block or where the hose goes into (barbs, quick release)... I dunno about inovatec's products.

since you are asking about tape, I am guessing it is a crack on the block. I am sure everything is pretty much repairable, but for me - I am too cautious when it comes to water and my electronic babies, so IMO, I would look into getting that block replaced before I put it in my case.

OP
S

splash back

Registered
umm sorry i didnt explain it properly i forgot about the manufacturer of the block its a maxxpert block no visual defects it just leaks from where the conection screws are not from the hoses if u know wot i mean?

SemiCycle

2 questions for you

Is the below block the one you are using?
Is it leaking from the 2 screws at the top of the block near the barbs?

max2.jpg

brodo

quick conx

I have quick connects on my swiftech and when I first attempted testing with it, I had leaks as well.

if that is your problem, maybe try to force the hose further... if you have the hose in properly with the quick connects, you shoudl not be able to pull it out with easy force. and unless there is a crack in the quick connect and hose (or the hose is not in far enough) then it should work.

but there are no cracks, correct? everything might be ok ... you just need to get the hose in deeper before pushing the quick connects on.

OP
S

splash back

Registered
Many thanks that worked, i thought it was coming from the bottom of the barb but it turns out it was the top so i took ur advice and pushed them in further and it worked

OP
S

splash back

Registered
I dunno yet im going to leak-test it for another 2-3 days just to be sure, but im going to put those 90degree connectors in, so it might be a couple more days than i expected.