• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Learning about OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here's an update on what I've managed so far.

CPU is stable at 5.0GHz all cores with no AVX offset
RAM is stable at 2666MHz
And the GPU I'm not entirely sure how to report on
I was playing and it was fluctuating in between 2040 and 2180MHz

<edit> That's a lot higher than the 1785MHz it was boosting to previously. </edit>

I couldn't have done it without you guys, you were and are great to work with.

An update.

I have upgraded the PSU - the RTX 3070 Ti was generating transient load spikes big enough to trip the OCP protection in the 650W PSU. I'm once again up and running and those pesky 700W spikes won't be shutting down my Seasonic 850W Platinum. I just thought I'd let you guys know how the PSU issue finally turned out.

<edit> And thanks again to everyone that helped out. It really was a great experience. </edit>

Hi guys, I really hope that I find you in good spirits and in good health.

I had a problem, my CMOS battery died and I had to replace it - my BIOS/UEFI defaulted back to initial settings of course.
I have installed intel XTU for the benchmarking, but even with the BIOS/UEFI defaulted I'm getting Power Limit Throttling and I'm unsure how to prevent that.
Post magically merged:

I could have sworn that I'd backed up the BIOS/UEFI settings to a USB thumbdrive - but do you think I can find which one it is?

LMAO - I finally found it, YAY !!!
(The thumbdrive was labelled wrong) I'm soooo glad that I took your advice and backed that up guys.

Last edited:
Back