• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LED mod on HP9100 CDwriter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sgt. york

Registered
I've been replacing my LED's with blue and ran into a problem with my HP9100 CDwriter. I've replaced the LED that monitors activity when burning and went to replace the the LED that monitors regular CD activity when I noticed that it has 3-leads to it. I thought LED's only had 2-leads. Does anyone know a way to connect the 2-lead on or where I can buy a 3-lead blue LED.

Thanks.

sgt. york said:
I've been replacing my LED's with blue and ran into a problem with my HP9100 CDwriter. I've replaced the LED that monitors activity when burning and went to replace the the LED that monitors regular CD activity when I noticed that it has 3-leads to it. I thought LED's only had 2-leads. Does anyone know a way to connect the 2-lead on or where I can buy a 3-lead blue LED.

Thanks.

its a 3 lead LED due to its probly a green/yellow led, it chages due to diskin/burning. so u can use a basic Blue led, but other then useing a multi meter while its plugged in, i personaly arent sure how to tell which leads are which. it may say on the pcb very small

Back