• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

leds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frostmeister

Hmm - it depends. What's going to be happening is that the current for each HDD LED will be halved. This is because you obviously have a set dropper resistor on the mainboard to limit the current. You could use the LED output to trigger a transistor and then you can switch current from your PSU, or even the mains if you use an opto-isolator. Basically though, you can, but each LED will be dimmer. If you use high brightness LED's then the effect will be less noticeable. If you want multiple power LED's, why don't you just wire them to the 5 or 12 volt rails with their own resistor? Just a thought anyway.

OP
DRaZZ

DRaZZ

Cuz id burn myself alive, trying to do that ! i can just about change a light bulb, altho i did just drill hole in front of case, cram some fibre optics in there and now when i power on i get kewl green fibres :D looks quite nice

frostmeister

Cool man. I bought some fibre-optic lightguide for my up and coming mods. I'm going to get some ultraviolet LED's and light my reservoir with flourescent dye. Those green fibres sound good though. Any chance of a pic? :)

OP
DRaZZ

DRaZZ

not at the min, my bro has my web cam, my case is currently in the works, this is my first ever mod, my bro owns his own garage and he is a fantastic sprayer, dunno if u have ever seen a car with that paint that changes colour from different angles ??? well thats the colour he is gunna do my case :D gunna have nice window in too. with some hopefully spectacular lights !!! but for sure lots of pics soon :D

OP
DRaZZ

DRaZZ

HAHAHA just found out from talking to my brother, that paint i want, costs £520 a litre, he has only ever done 3 re-sprays in that, but he tells me he will paint it for me, and when he next gets a job in that paint, he will over-order for me !! lol

frostmeister

Wo - that's pretty sweet Drazz. I thought they did the paint with electrostatic charges to get particles in it to line up a certain way. It sounds good anyway, and I've seen a pearlescent paint job in silver/white mother-of-pearl kind of tones on a souped up clio in norwich. Way to go if you get it done on your case - it'll really crank up appearances a notch over anyhting I've seen on here :)