• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Left 4 Dead

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alien1099

Obviously! Duh!

A zombie apocalypse is my world ending event of choice! :drool: Too bad most of the zombie movies out these days suck so bad. George Romero needs to stay the hell away from zombie movies even if he is the father of them.

OP
Morvak

Morvak

Disabled
George Romero needs to stay the hell away from zombie movies even if he is the father of them.

Oh the last one he did was just terrible, with the zombie "leader" :rolleyes:

But I enjoyed 28 Days later and the Day of the Dead remake - zombies that can run, finally they are scary!

Valve can do no WRONG :p

True!

Tyranos

Oh the last one he did was just terrible, with the zombie "leader" :rolleyes:

But I enjoyed 28 Days later and the Day of the Dead remake - zombies that can run, finally they are scary!

True!

He didn't have very much freedom with Land of the Dead. Most of the stupid stuff was not by his choice. The last one he did, Diary of the Dead was pure Romero, though some people may be turned off because of the home video format.

Historically, it's the flesh eating and collective mass that are fear inducing, not running and flipping around like spider monkeys. You ever try to move a soft juicy decomposed large mammal without a shovel?

Definitely craving Left 4 Dead though, can't wait!

IR1

Good point because Valve has a lot of games sitting on the not released shelf... like um Team Fort... no wait its released, ok then Half Life 2.. oh wait thats released too. Hmm what the heck is Hazaro talking about?! This isnt 3drealms here... its Valve, they pee excellence.

IR1

That friggin article is 9 months old.. it is 2008 now. Half Life 2 and TF2 were delayed, yet they are awesome games. Of course Valve is polishing it! Come on Hazaro is that the best google could find for you?

Leviathan41

I would much rather Valve spend a lot of time on their games (like they do) than release an unfinished buggy game like a lot of developers do. Pretty much everything Valve releases is widely accepted as being awesome by gamers and critics alike.

Bottom line: I would rather have good games later than crappy games now.

xbiker321

He didn't have very much freedom with Land of the Dead. Most of the stupid stuff was not by his choice. The last one he did, Diary of the Dead was pure Romero, though some people may be turned off because of the home video format.

Historically, it's the flesh eating and collective mass that are fear inducing, not running and flipping around like spider monkeys. You ever try to move a soft juicy decomposed large mammal without a shovel?

Definitely craving Left 4 Dead though, can't wait!

I liked it but there were a couple terrible actors/actresses in it. Especially that girl who drove the RV in the beginning and .... herself

Goateh

Can't wait for this game, looks freakin' awesome. Especially the muiltiplayer modes with zombies vs humans!

Sarsbaby

Disabled
My dreams consist of a destroyed world where 10% of the human population exists, and you you have to LIVE instead of this horrible existance we know now.

You've peaked my interest.