• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Left Your Computer Alone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XunknownX

Disabled
What's the longest you've gone without touching your computer?

For me....3 days. Man I'm addicted. haha. I think if I went longer then 3 days I'd seriously go through some withdrawals.

JerkasaurusRex

Longest i went was 3 weeks. It was when i went on vacation to Cyprus. Thing is i was using it till about 5 minutes before we left the house for the airport and i got back on it like 2 minuties within reaching home when we got back 3 weeks later.

Aslan

Around 2 weeks, family vacation to the Maritimes in Canada. To me it's not really so much computer withdrawal, but Internet withdrawal. :p ;)
I'm pretty much in the same boat as Constantinos as I was using my computer 5 mins before I left, and pretty much right away as soon as I came home

Sharkman

Lets see without touching my computer it was 3 months and about a week. I was on TDY (Temporary Duty Assignment) to Saudi Arabia back in '97. While there I did check out the computers they had set up so people could send E-mails but, I only did that twice.

deRusett

About 2 weeks I would say, BUT I had other computers to supplement my withdrawal, though its not the same,

But its more internet withdrawal, reading the forums I go on, the e-magazines. I can do that on other machines and have a site set up with links on it to all of the sites I wish to go to so I have quick links no matter what place I am at :D

OP
XunknownX

XunknownX

Disabled
boot up when I get home. boot up when i wake up. shut down when i leave. shutdown before bed. Shutting down is not always something I do though. Sometimes it'll run for days at a time though.