• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Let There Be Light!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

weponhead

Hello again ,
I now have light ... I am going to also get a blue light .. anyone know where i can get a nice deep blue ccfl? not a turquoise? now for picitures!
light on !
PB170032.JPG

light off!
PB170038.JPG

light on .. what it would look like if you were on acid....
PB170037.JPG

sorry for the size of the picitures... but im on 56k tooo
any ideas? imagine it with a blue light on the bottom and tell me what ya think!

OP
weponhead

weponhead

as noted above i am going to get a blue ccfl and place it on the bottom
or put the blue one where the green is and put the green on the bottom .. :p

masitti

Looks good man.

One thing: try not to have cathodes (other than UV) visible - for example, try to hide them at the bottom, or at the top.

It creates a softer look, and doesn't blind you. :)

OP
weponhead

weponhead

Ya i know what your talking about ... i cant quite find a good place to hide it tho .. where it fits besides the bottom...

masitti

weponhead said:
Ya i know what your talking about ... i cant quite find a good place to hide it tho .. where it fits besides the bottom...

Try going along the back of the case, where the PCI cards and the case handle thing is - that might be an ok spot. :)

OP
weponhead

weponhead

thats a no go .. the tubing is too big but i think i found a place to hide it.. ill let you know when i get it there :D

masitti

Spiked said:
I agree it's a bit blinding! Maybe there is room for the cathode toward the front next to hds?

Tried that... the HD's block too much light, so it just looks like the corner there is glowing. The best spot is in that back area, or on the top or bottom. :)

DaveSauce

Does anyone have a case with 2 different color cathodes in it? Or does anyone have a pic of such a case? I definately want green, but I dunno if the colors would conflict too much if I put a blue in mine. I know they go well together, but would you be able to tell them apart, or would the colors just blend together in a bad way?