• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Let's change the world, together.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enzodolan

I'm new to this forum so you'll probably take this post with a grain of salt, but this is the start of something that'll change the world.

I've been looking for a new computer for the past 6 months- I couldn't find anything which satisfied me, Dell, HP, Apple and Lenevo all have their own problems, to me they were mainly too 'boring'
Computers used to be special, with Steve Jobs we would see computers 10 years more advanced than any other one in the world; since the death of Steve we haven't had anything truly innovative in the computing industry, there is only more powerful, smaller, thinner and all the other stuff that cannot change our way of living.

My idea is slightly far fetched, but with enough support we can change the world.

My idea is to start a new computer company with a team of enthusiasts around the world (Let's say 100, for instance) who would each be able to do their own part in developing a new type of computer. We will bring the thrill back into buying a new computer, something that is years ahead, not an overpriced cheese grater or trash can (*cough* Apple)
We will also work in developing new types of liquid cooling for our computers, these systems will have smaller pipes and pumps allowing them to be used in more computers- paired with a SSD, we will be able to bring silent computing to the mass market- this will be our first step to innovation.

Hopefully some people will be as interested in this as me and wants to change the world, if we all do a small part we will be able to make something really special.

So, where is the unique and changing the world part?

Why are you looking at those canned systems? There are custom builders out there which build to suit.

Or build your own.

I think your problems lay with where you are looking, not with what is available on the market which fits your needs.

Bringing liquid cooling to the masses, displaying new technology, taking risks etc...

Liquid cooling is already available to the masses...

What new technology?

Risks??

* continues licking salt block.. *

Your vision really already exists...that or you arent getting your point out correctly.

So, where is the unique and changing the world part?

Why are you looking at those canned systems? There are custom builders out there which build to suit.

Or build your own.
I think your problems lay with where you are looking, not with what is available on the market which fits your needs.

Well, not everyone can build a good computer themselves, yet alone something like a laptop or a liquid cooled desktop.

Enzodolan first and foremost welcome to our community!!

I'm with you on advancing the systems. This is a hefty task you're taking on and you'll need the right people. The issue you'll find is most members here are users not EE or manufactures. I don't wish to discourage you at all, but the ideas you just listed have been a thing for about 20 years already (liquid cooling & SSD's). If you truly want to change the face of computing then design a compact single stage cooler that will fit inside a desktop. This would be a good start. Unfortunately this will only help overclocking as (most) current CPU's are designed to run on ambient air.

Enzodolan first and foremost welcome to our community!!

I'm with you on advancing the systems. This is a hefty task you're taking on and you'll need the right people. The issue you'll find is most members here are users not EE or manufactures. I don't wish to discourage you at all, but the ideas you just listed have been a thing for about 20 years already (liquid cooling & SSD's). If you truly want to change the face of computing then design a compact single stage cooler that will fit inside a desktop. This would be a good start. Unfortunately this will only help overclocking as (most) current CPU's are designed to run on ambient air.

Hi,

I know liquid cooling has been available for many years along with SSD's, although, liquid cooling is currently only used for enthusiast and gaming computers, not conventional computers and rarely workstations- the reason for using liquid cooling is so we can have totally silent operation which is very important to some individuals, the only silent alternative is passive cooling which wouldn't allow for a powerful enough machine.

Of course nobody here is a manufacturer, my idea is to 'collect' as many enthusiasts who would be willing to work together to create a new computer.

First, let me apologize for my lack of manners... sorry! Welcome to OCF. We all want to change the world... :)

I think the point here is that not many people care for or wants water cooling, even AIOs in a regular system. Its just not needed. That said, you can DIY if you have the skills, or reach out to a dozen builders to do it for you... in a regular PC or 'workstation'. I like the zeal, but, I dont think there is a big enough market for it which existing vendors have already saturated the market.

First, let me apologize for my lack of manners... sorry! Welcome to OCF. We all want to change the world... :)

I think the point here is that not many people care for or wants water cooling, even AIOs in a regular system. Its just not needed. That said, you can DIY if you have the skills, or reach out to a dozen builders to do it for you... in a regular PC or 'workstation'. I like the zeal, but, I dont think there is a big enough market for it which existing vendors have already saturated the market.

Hi,
There isn't necessarily a market for mainstream liquid cooling, but there is a market for a powerful, silent computer.

Ok, ill humor that point...

What about the companies that build powerful computers and put liquid cooling it in already?

Ok, ill humor that point...

What about the companies that build powerful computers and put liquid cooling it in already?

Those computers are not available at affordable prices that the average person could pay, also, most liquid cooled computers are big and bulky with quite ugly designs, you could say it's like looking at Android vs iOS,
The average consumer who hasn't heard of ram or cores picks the iPhone.
The enthusiast tends to pick android as they have more ram, more cores and higher clock speeds along with higher screen resolutions.

You can literally go to any number of sites and pick out your case, cooling, etc....

Regarding affordability, how are you as a startup without the power of volume purchasing, going to ever compete with their pricing...

I am sorry to sound so negative... but these are some pretty big, and obvious concerns. You are essentially jumping into an already saturated space and without anything that sets you apart from most others (regardless of what you may believe, its out there).

You can literally go to any number of sites and pick out your case, cooling, etc....

Regarding affordability, how are you as a startup without the power of volume purchasing, going to ever compete with their pricing...

I am sorry to sound so negative... but these are some pretty big, and obvious concerns. You are essentially jumping into an already saturated space and without anything that sets you apart from most others (regardless of what you may believe, its out there).

Totally understand what you are saying, what we'll do is bring liquid cooling to as many things as possible by making the pipes and pumps smaller and thinner, this could mean we could have a liquid cooled ultra thin laptop.

Where would you put the radiator to cool the laptop parts??? Wouldn't that make a portable device a bit heavier?

Where would you put the radiator to cool the laptop parts??? Wouldn't that make a portable device a bit heavier?

The radiator would be placed in the hinge.
Using different metals and construction techniques it can still be light.

Make a more powerful tablet. But to do that you'll need the top engineers. If you're not Bill Gates or someone of the same cut of cloth it's not going to happen. You simply can not create a better tablet in a garage. The amount of research and engineering is quite frankly staggering. AMD had just released their first learning CPU and Intel has been working on it for at least a decade and we're all just waiting for the leaks. The hours these men and women have worked on this project likely are in the tens of thousands if not more.

EDIT: FTR Watercooling is not silent. There are still fans. In fact usually more fans that require a higher static pressure (i.e. more noise).

Last edited:
Make a more powerful tablet. But to do that you'll need the top engineers. If you're not Bill Gates or someone of the same cut of cloth it's not going to happen. You simply can not create a better tablet in a garage. The amount of research and engineering is quite frankly staggering. AMD had just released their first learning CPU and Intel has been working on it for at least a decade and we're all just waiting for the leaks. The hours these men and women have worked on this project likely are in the tens of thousands if not more.

A tablet will maybe be in the future, but first I'll start with laptops and desktops.

The radiator would be placed in the hinge.
Using different metals and construction techniques it can still be light.
The hinge? Do you know what size you need to keep things cool? DO these lighter metals cool as well as they need to for the application? Are you also aware that smaller fans require higher speeds which in turn make a lot more (and high pitched) noises.......which you will need tiny arse fans on a laptop, or it becomes more bulky which defeats the point.

Its been done, and IS done in the desktop and workstation market.

You are missing the fundamentals here... (and more).... and for those reasons, I'm out...

cuban.jpeg

Back