• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lets see if i can fix this.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madcow235

I got a sapphire Ati9800 thats refurbed from newegg and it makes me sad to say its borked. Im thinking maybe you guys can help fix this problemo.
OK HERES THE SYMPTOMS:
1. When i get to the Windows XP boot screen the little blue bar turns into like 9 little blue bars and then the comp goes black.
2. I can get into safe mode FINE which is the wierd part.
3. It wont boot in my old computer, doesnt really suprise me since the comps a POS and it barely boots with its Geforce2.
4. I uninstalled the Cats and tried omegas and it still wouldnt boot. Also tried my ti4400 and that boots.

I already filed an RMA with newegg so if it is really borked i can just return it. ANy ideas on how to fix this?

Have you tried formatting and trying with a fresh install of XP? If safe mode works fine then its likely the card isnt completely broken. But I did you see your other thread where you were OCing it before you 'broke' it. Sounds like you never formatted before installing it either. Do that and see what happens.

I used driver destroyer thingy. And i overclocked it well within its limits then unoverclocked it because the cooling sucks. When it started dieing it was stock. Im gonna try a format tommorow, you have no idea how much i hate formatting, even though i have like 9 partitions.
I will format tommorow i guess

I'd just send it back to Newegg, and save yourself the trouble of a format. Sounds to me like the card is just borked. I'm sure they'll replace it.

how hot did it get when you overclocked it, and how far did you overclock? because you could have broken it while overclocking and then it just died later....?

WTF its working again. I think it was a drivery mess, Nvidia driver destroyer didnt do its job very well. And i got it workign again. I have like a week and a half to test it before my RMA request becomes void so we shall see

didnt even need to format. I just cleared every single video related driver and system file, by hand. I guess the retarted detonator remover tool didnt work 100% and just bugged up or something. Or the card is going to get me while i sleep.

Back