• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LET'S SET UP MY WIN7/GTX 980 FOLDING BOX.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I got a 980 and need help to get the most from it, it's not a "TI" card.
the big MAC gets around 500,000 out of his 980TI cards so I think that 400,000 should be in easy reach, well..... I just aint getting the job done.
please check that I have my slot configed correctly and any other input is very welcome.

Thanks,
Caddi.

Attachments

• slot.PNG
    slot.PNG
    3 KB · Views: 219
  • clocks.PNG
    clocks.PNG
    574.3 KB · Views: 257

HayesK

Looks OK. Core_18 wu. Windows OS. Neither helps the ppd. Also, that series has a Lot of ppd variation. How are the core_21 wu doing?

The_Foldinator

Registered
What I also noticed was that the WU or WU's went Up/Down like a mad man,
so from 500000 PPD(2x 970) to like 350000, I am guessing this was the Core17 WU ?!

the only difference is (I think) is that I am (back to) on 2x GTX970 in 1x RIG.. so multiple GPU [email protected]
dang still a lot of FAH testing to do..

I hope you get it sorted mate and thinking with you as I am going to test some more..

OP
caddi daddi

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I just can't get win7 folding near to the ppd of Linux, 300 some thousand is all I can get out of it, back to Linux and it's right back to about 400 thou.
if you get it worked out let me know.

The_Foldinator

Registered
I just can't get win7 folding near to the ppd of Linux, 300 some thousand is all I can get out of it, back to Linux and it's right back to about 400 thou.
if you get it worked out let me know.
Nice work, win7 blerg back to Linux :thup:
I am babysitting it now and i don't see that flux(PPD drop) anymore(figures), i even had 600000 PPD for a few hours.

and i need to do some more Linux [email protected] testing because moar PPD(science) = :attn:
on that NOTE: do you guys use a specific NvidiA driver ? older or just the latest ?
I went back to Win7 as i can't(couldn't yet) get more PPD out of Linux then out of Win7 OS..

Happy Folding..

t1nm4n

Hey foldinator, slow down some, I'm having a hard time keeping your numbers at bay with my 2 290x's. Stay on Win7 I might be able to keep you at bay there. I need more GPUs

The_Foldinator

Registered
Hey foldinator, slow down some, I'm having a hard time keeping your numbers at bay with my 2 290x's. Stay on Win7 I might be able to keep you at bay there. I need more GPUs
Hey man :)
slowing down , sadly have to wait another month for the GTX960 as i had a nice ticket that cost me about a GTX970 :bang head

but its time to start overclocking, i'd love a little race :D

Happy Folding..

t1nm4n

Just playin, if you slow down ill feel bad (not for long though) putting this back-up 290 I had siting around to use later this week. was thinking I might be able to get a 280x on sale somewhere to go with it just too.

The_Foldinator

Registered
Just playin, if you slow down ill feel bad (not for long though) putting this back-up 290 I had siting around to use later this week. was thinking I might be able to get a 280x on sale somewhere to go with it just too.
:thup: All in good fun.
i am now trying to get the most out of what i got, next month i will def update(upgrade) again :D

Let the race begin 1sm452racing.gif

OP
caddi daddi

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I still want Macaholic to tell us how he gets the 500,000 out of those 980TI's!!!!!!!!!
that's killing me!!!!!

OP
caddi daddi

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
but he gets 500,000 out of them in win 7.
I can only get into the upper 300s with a 980 in win7, that is much more than 20-30% behind him.
I can make 400,000 just chucking the card in a Linux rig.

t1nm4n

I'm betting he has some functions turned off in Win7 to get free up whatever processes he can so that the GPUs can fold happily. I know I'm building a dedicated folding/storage rig and I'm gonna be playin with win10 (might as well get used to it I guess) to see if I can get anything more from a 290 (non-x) without having to OC, don't need this room to be a sauna.

Hope you get back up and producing, I'm not looking forward to shutting one of my cards down tonight so I can game, I gotz to do some gamin though.

OP
caddi daddi

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I'd be willing to bet it's in how he has his client and slots configured.