• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Let's squeeze my FX8350!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alessiuccio

Well hello everyone!

My new config is:

AMD FX-8350
Asus Crosshair V Formula Z
Corsair DDR3-1600C9 XMS3 (2 x 4GB)
Noctua NH-D14

I'm brand noob with OCing the K10, so I'm basically pulling strings in the dark here...
Let me show you what I've done up to now...

160115163702.jpg 160125100421.jpg 160125100455.jpg 160125100525.jpg 160125100326.jpg

Just completed an iBT test and this is what I've got:

Screenshot (1).png

Now where I go from here? Suggestions? Complaints?

Thanks anyway!

:)

Waza

Now where I go from here? Suggestions? Complaints?

Thanks anyway!

:)

Make sure you are cooling the VRM well enough and tweak power settings some more.
Current capabilities to 130% for CPU and NB, RAM is up to you if you decide to overclock it some more.
Switch current phasing to extreme to have full phase active. You can change power duty to control to always prioritize current delivery.
Add some juice to the CPU and drop CPU/NB voltage closer to 1.3V if you don't push RAM and CPUNB very much.
Something like 1.45V to CPU and work your way up to 4.8GHz and mind your CPU temps.

Mandrake4565

Mr. Clean Senior Member
What's the goal, push as far as you can non stable or as far as you can for a daily Oc stable?

Mandrake4565

Mr. Clean Senior Member
Ok well you're temps are good, we recommend 70c on the Cpu and 62 on the Package max. I personally use prime blend 2+ hours for my stable Oc's. IBT is a lot quicker but I find it's better for tentative stability. Your V droop looks under conrol with the LLC set to Ultra, which is also where I find it best set on my CHV. Push higher and see what you get.

OP
A

Alessiuccio

Ok well you're temps are good, we recommend 70c on the Cpu and 62 on the Package max. I personally use prime blend 2+ hours for my stable Oc's. IBT is a lot quicker but I find it's better for tentative stability. Your V droop looks under conrol with the LLC set to Ultra, which is also where I find it best set on my CHV. Push higher and see what you get.

Ok Today I tried a little higher vcore and tested 23 x 200...

Screenshot (3).png

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
Looks to me like your temps are getting close to max. Do you still have the CPU_NB voltage at 1.4V?

OP
A

Alessiuccio

Looks to me like your temps are getting close to max. Do you still have the CPU_NB voltage at 1.4V?

oops no, I forgot to mention, it's now set to 1.25!
I think I can manage to reduce vcore a little... Maybe it can help reduce temps a little

Last edited:

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
I would add one at a time to the HTT and see how high you get on the current voltage since temps are OK

OP
A

Alessiuccio

I would add one at a time to the HTT and see how high you get on the current voltage since temps are OK

I couldn't manage to go @2600 on HTT. Maybe I need more voltage on the NB?
Good news is that I shaved a couple of clicks on the vcore!

Screenshot (5).png