• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LF Help with a Raid 0 array, I need to access a 3rd sata disk w data

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

I have a 680i board with 3 sata 2 Seagate 320GB drives
2 x 320 Seagate sata2 drives are in a raid 0 array.

When I built the array I had a total of 3 disks and I selected 2 for the raid 0 array, I did not place the 3rd in the array because this disk has about 150GB of data I need to access. Unfortunately I did not back up before I set this new system up.

Now that I am up and running the nvidia control manager recognizes this free drive, however the options to add this disk to the array as either a storage disk or part of the array such as raid 5 or 0 will require the disk to be formatted in order to use it. Is there any way to do this without losing my data.

I do have another system in the house so I guess, worst case is I just attach it to a sata port and I should have access to this data but it is alot to burn off to dvd. Is there another way?

Thanks
CK

I am not sure about your mobo, but most allow you to add it as a secondary array by itself without formatting. It would be seen as a regular disk. It may also have a selection in the (mobo) bios to see it as a non raid disk.

I am not sure about your mobo, but most allow you to add it as a secondary array by itself without formatting. It would be seen as a regular disk. It may also have a selection in the (mobo) bios to see it as a non raid disk.

you made me think, I will check in bios as I have raid set to enable but perhaps I can disable that port as far as being connected to the array, will check now. Well I have choices under the raid section of
Sata 0 primary
Sata 0 secondary
1primary
1 secondary
2primary
2secondary

Currently all are enabled and I disabled prmiary and secondary under 2 and could not boot, then tried 2 secondary no workyI have not tried 0 and 1 secondary will give it a go, I had this issue once before and solved it but it has been a while...

Last edited:
Back