• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LG 40x CD-RW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh i also want to know if i find the firmware for that, will it work in my 40x12x40 LG ?

I'm also looking for this firmware (8481B), so if someone finds it, please let us know where is it.... Meanwhile, I've got the firmwares 1.02 and 1.03 for 8480B (just in case someone wants it). Note however that I've not yet tried to flash mine, but read news about mtkflash not being able to reflash those cdrws....

Regards
FTC

FTC if we find the (8481B) firmware and install it will it also make the re-write speed faster to 24x from 12 ?

DDR-PIII,

Yes... if it worked. Unfortunately, it has been tested in cdrfreaks forums to flash a 8400B with a 8480B firmware, and did not work, so I suspect a 8400B is NOT flashable any further. What I want to do is flash my other cdrw (8480B) to a 8481B, thus making my cdrw speed 24 from 16.

Regards
FTC

well since i only poayed $106 cdn for my cd-rw yesterday im gonna see if I can bring it back and exchange it for a 52x24x52 LITE ON and pay another $30

DDR-PIII,

I'm not sure the change is worth 30$. Note that the recording time difference between a 40x LG and a 52x LITE ON may only be about 20 secs/full cd, plus it's said that going over 48x is too risky for CD's integrity (they have a tendency to explode at such high speeds.... seriously). Besides, the LG 40x is a great burner.

Regards
FTC

i had a small crack in the center part of my wordperfect 8 cd and when i wa sinstalling it with my 52x cd-rom it exploded haha but it was cracked and i dont think 52 would break an uncracked cd

DDR..,

Yes, but the fact is : If it had been a 32x or 40x CDRW, you would still have your wordperfect 8 cd AND your 52x drive (assuming it got damaged, as most reports of in-cd explosion indicate).... and as said, the performance difference isn't that much.

Regards
FTC

:( The f/w was unable to download. if you've still got it can you please share it with me ?

Back