• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LG 850g or ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Theres so many monitor technologies I want to squeeze into one monitor.

Honestly if that LG 31.5in was a IPS panel it would have all the things I want in one monitor.

But most likely I'll get the Acer XB271HU. Its the same price as the LG, but has better color than the 8-bit LG.

Knowing my luck I'll order today and in a week there will be a 29 or 31.5 option that will appear on the market with all the bells and whistles I want.

My perfect monitor would probably be 29in, 2560x1440, 144hz, Gsync, HDR, 100% color/IPS, ARC HDMI OUT, NO CURVE.

Well since they are the same price I am considering getting a monitor with curve...

I'm not sure curve is something I want considering I spend just as much time net surfing as I do playing games.

So it comes down to the Z321QU or the XB271HU.

Both are $600, 2560x1440, Gsync, 144hz.

The Z321QU is a 31.5in VA panel, while the XB271HU is a 27in IPS panel.

Decisions, decisions.

I'm thinking about the VA panel, from what I've read VA panels have slower response times, but the Z321QU has the same 4ms response time that the XB271HU has.

Since they are both listed as 4ms, does this mean this VA doesn't suffer from this issue?

Z321HQU

XB271HU

-edit-

Ok, so further reading. The 4ms on the z321qu is a overdrive feature in the menu, the monitor normally sits around 8-10ms. Some people in the reviews state that the Overdrive feature didn't work for them.

Last edited:
Back