• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LG G Stylo -

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShrimpBrime

~MadHatDeLidder~
Picked up this phone LG G Stylo for my wife. Larger screen than the S5 (my brother has this one) and just as snappy. Built in stylus packed with features. Games really well too. Tried Walking War Mechs and it runs very smoothly.

Can be found at Walmart for 179$ on sale and then price matched to new egg for 129$.

specs:

Video Streaming Quality: 720 x 1280
Manufacturer: LG
Features: Bluetooth , Wi-fi Ready , Camera , Full Web Browsers , Music Player
Cell Phone Service Provider: Family Mobile
Size: 5.15"L x 2.66"W x 0.35"H
Manufacturer Part Number: 610214641502
Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Battery Life: 437 hours
Operating System: Android
Screen Size: 5.7"
Model: G-Stylo
Number of Megapixels: 13 Megapixel
Mobile Operating System: Android
Talk Time: 18 hours
Brand: Walmart Family Mobile
Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H): 5.15 x 2.66 x 0.35 IN

Walmart link . http://www.walmart.com/ip/Walmart-Family-Mobile-LG-G-Stylo-Prepaid-Smartphone-Gray/45656391

Newegg for price matching link. (yes Walmart price matches newegg!) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...36346&cm_re=lg_g_stylo-_-75-136-346-_-Product

This phone also does the touch share as well.

With the 5.7 inch screen it's a decent size larger than an S5 and from what I can tell just about as fast.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
Looks to be a really nice phone at a really incredible price! At $129(Newegg) I could be tempted to do an impulse buy!

Pardon my ignorance, but what kind of things would a person need a stylus for?

OP
ShrimpBrime

ShrimpBrime

~MadHatDeLidder~
Last edited:

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
Indeed; mid-range phones are plenty capable these days and no worse than two-to-three generation old devices, which are plenty fast for most things. The only 'issue' is OS update support and if that's not a big problem for the people buying the phone, they are stellar deals. Good find!

bob4933

Looks to be a really nice phone at a really incredible price! At $129(Newegg) I could be tempted to do an impulse buy!

Pardon my ignorance, but what kind of things would a person need a stylus for?

I had a stylus on my old galaxy note 3, and while extremely useful and powerful, found itself being a niche thing for me. Used it for screenshots mostly.

OP
ShrimpBrime

ShrimpBrime

~MadHatDeLidder~
Indeed; mid-range phones are plenty capable these days and no worse than two-to-three generation old devices, which are plenty fast for most things. The only 'issue' is OS update support and if that's not a big problem for the people buying the phone, they are stellar deals. Good find!

Very true.

Using Android version 6.0 (Marshmallow) . Build number MRA58K. Software version H63120b.

edit: With the newest OS, this phone cannot root ftw.

Last edited: