• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian Li cases, front panel, and cd drives...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
What do owners of lian li cases typically do for the cd drives to get them to match their case? Do they just buy black drives, or mod them?

subconcept

You can buy aluminum face plates for floppy and cd drives, check on the lian li site to see if they make them for your cdroms.

For me I just painted mine, havent done the floppy tho.
This was done with tremclad aluminum coloured paint.

DSCF0121.JPG

mateo

What I plan to do when I get around to modding my blue PC-60 is cutting out the tray cover from the panel using a 1/32" milling bit (ubersmall) so that the actual drive bay cover will be the front CD cover, but its not like a traditional stealth, because IMHO a bay of nothing doesn't match well with a bay of switches, LCDs, etc.

su root

Senior Member, --, I teach people how to read your
subconcept said:
For me I just painted mine, havent done the floppy tho.
This was done with tremclad aluminum coloured paint.

DSCF0121.JPG
[THREADJACK]You should really move that box away from that speaker.. Even if it is shielded and even at that distance, it isn't a good thing for the harddrives.. :)[/THREADJACK]