• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian-Li or CoolerMaster?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lugie

Registered
I like the style of the two brands. Simple, and shiny. :)

Which has the better overall quality? Mind you, I'm going for a mid-tower. I have some store credit somewhere and they sell high end cases for a few bucks cheaper than everywhere else, so I might as well indulge. :)

OP
L

Lugie

Registered
Well, I think I have two cases to compare. I doubt any one of you accually has the exact two cases I'm in the market for, but I'm thinking about either a CoolerMaster ATC-201 or a Lian Li PC-68.

I hope somebody can help! Thanks :)

Johnny Knoxville

Disabled
what do you think of this:
(Lian-Li 6085A - one on right)

lianli.jpg

gotta love those blue led's :cool:

ronin1967

I have the original Liann Li PC-60, physically it's identical to the PC-68, and it has some great features.

The front plate pulls off and behind it is a switch that controls the front fans(3 settings-low, medium, jet engine), there is removable filter infront of the fans(that I vacumn from time to time)

The whole case is aluminum and has a rear fan as well, there are a lot of nice thumbscrews, the motherboard sittins on risers, and can be removed easily because it sits on it's own slide out tray.

The PC-68 also includes the top fan, and if you want it's east to cut in a 120mm side fan for extra cooling.

scrappydog

Johnny Knoxville said:
what do you think of this:
(Lian-Li 6085A - one on right)
gotta love those blue led's :cool:

I like the one on the right.

Have you considered the Chieftec Silver (aluminum) case? It's a great looking case, super functional, and half the price of the Lian Li.

Deathknight

Using a Lian-Li PC-65 and love it. Its a dream to work with compared to the garbage cases I have delt with in the past. The slide out mobo tray and hard drive cages make installations a snap. There are no sharp edges either which is great. The intake fans are adjustable speed too which is pretty neat.

A buddy of mine has a coolermaster case and its real nice also. I haven't actually worked on his case but it has all the usual trimmings for a high end case. Either way I don't think you will go wrong.

Fred Koser

I've got a PC-75. Friend has a PC-60. Both are awesome cases. I like the "look" of the Lian-Lis over the Coolies, but some argue that the Coolermaster feels more "solid." Neither brand will dissapoint!

BaldHeadedDork

If there is a functional difference between a Lian-Li and a Cooler Master, I haven't found it. Both companies make great cases. Choosing between the two is simply a matter of picking the one you want to look at for the next year or two.

BHD

Hookem

I love my Antec 1080Plus but know a bunch of people with Lian-Li's. In my opinion they are easily the best cases out there. You just cannot go wrong with Lian-Li's for quality.

scrappydog

Hookem said:
I love my Antec 1080Plus but know a bunch of people with Lian-Li's. In my opinion they are easily the best cases out there. You just cannot go wrong with Lian-Li's for quality.

I couldn't believe for a millisecond that there is a better constructed case than my Chieftec steel tower. The thing is constructed like a Sherman Tank. Of course, it does weigh as much as a Sherman Tank, but that's another story. :D

Opie420

Registered
Once you buy a Lian-Li you'll always buy lian li cases and nothing else. You can't beat the build quality - thumb-screws everywhere, a slide-out motherboard tray, rubber covers over the sharp edges so you don't cut yourself, and a beautiful aluminum finish. After I bought my PC-60 and took it out of the box at home, I said to myself "I need lots of these..."

OP
L

Lugie

Registered
Heh, nothing but good for Lian-Li's, but I'm looking for any inconveniences whatsoever in either... there must not be any if at all, so at this point I'll go for a Lian-Li for the price difference.

Thanks so far for you help all, i appreciate it! :)

scrappydog

fatguy said:
I'm a fan of the pc-65 :) don't mind the ugly beige cdroms, gotta stealth it when i get some spare time...

Nice case, fatguy. What color cathodes are you using to get that cool blue/purple color? I just ordered a red one, but I prefer the color you've got there. Nice!

obliv

i personally chose the chieftec mid over my old pc-68, sold it to a friend, the cooling capabilities surpas that of a lian li, especially considering its probably the LIGHTEST case alive (aluminum version).

Opie420

Registered
Lugie said:
Heh, nothing but good for Lian-Li's, but I'm looking for any inconveniences whatsoever in either... there must not be any if at all, so at this point I'll go for a Lian-Li for the price difference.

Thanks so far for you help all, i appreciate it! :)

On the PC-76 the motherboard tray does not slide out like on the other cases. I found myself swearing at the same mounting tabs that I was praising in the PC-60 just because I can't slide out the mobo tray. And they mounted the PSU all wrong so you can't use a fan that has a fan blowing downwards... like my super flower 500w. You can slide out the whole psu mounting tray from the case and mount it upside down, but then you have a small 2-3mm open gap in the back of the case. But then again, the case has wheels on the bottom of it :) which in my mind, makes up for it's other shortcomings.