• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian Li Pc-60 HD LED?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IceWilly

My *edited to comply with forum policy concerning swearing* HD led isn't working. I have a Soyo Kt-333 Dragon platinum and i plugged the HD led into the bottom left 3 like my manual said. I REALLY don't want to have to swap the case if its defective. Has anyone else had problems with their LED's? Any other advice?

thanks.

Watch the language please.
larva
Forum Moderator

OP
IceWilly

IceWilly

ya definetly done that MANY times. Unless I find someone who has had similar troubles with a soyo board and LED's i think i am just gonna try and replace the bulb.

Iron Hawk

If the LED is a blue LED, it might not be getting enough power from the mobo, Turn the lights out and see if you can see a minimal glow. Other wise check its polarity, and check that its plugged into the correct spot. Sounds simple, but its easy to accidently slip the connector over the wrong pins. Fronic has a good point, test it by connecting it to your Power LED, if it glows, its not defective, you may also want to try to connect your power led to the HDD on the mobo, that way you can tell if your mobo is working properly. If you determine that the LED is deffective, it will probably be easier to just buy a new led from RadioShack or whereever and soder it on. if you dont know how to solder, you are likely to have a friend that can give you a hand.

Ravsitar

I had the same problem with my pc60 case ( i have the abit ic7-g mobo though). Flipping the connector on the motherboard over fixed the problem. Unlike some other leds I think most of the blue ones are 1 way only.

penquissciguy

All LEDs only light up one way. If it doesn't work in either orientation, you either ran too much current or are not running enough current through the LED to make it light up. Also, make sure you are looking at your mobo in the same way that the picture in your manual is oriented. I've made that mistake before.

Ken

polarys425

penquissciguy said:
All LEDs only light up one way. If it doesn't work in either orientation, you either ran too much current or are not running enough current through the LED to make it light up. Also, make sure you are looking at your mobo in the same way that the picture in your manual is oriented. I've made that mistake before.

Ken

you cant run too much current to a LED. it will only draw the amount of current that its rated for.

you can however overvolt an LED and kill it that way.

by the way, the motherboard supplied voltage for the LED should be 5volt.