• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Liberty Raven

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
Trivius

Trivius

Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Location
Fresno, CA
A small update:

I have installed the UV lights into the front chevron, replacing the original blue lights. I also soldered 100 Ohm resisters onto each of them (not sure of they were really needed or that is even the right size resister, but figured I would just do it!) They came out nice, though the right one seems to appear more white than purple for some reason.

img_1.jpg

img_3.jpg

And I attached the water tanks and pass-through fittings (somehow I managed to get the measurements very close, it all came out much better than I actually thought it would):


I am now awaiting another small order, as I do not have the right fittings to finish connecting the water tanks from the back.

Also while installing Monsoon fittings into my newly repainted Koolance MOBO fittings, one of the connectors stripped out so I need to find a replacement waterblock set for the X58 Classy 3.

Now I am working on the layout for my rads, fans, pumps and mounting of them all.

- - - Updated - - -

I also will need to start taking photos with my cellphone, that Canon Sure Shot, no longer has anymore "sure" left in it.
 

Retrorockit

Registered
Joined
Sep 7, 2015
The only issue I've seen with SSD is to turn off "auto defrag" in Windows System tools. The default setting is ON. I've seen complaints of failed drives after 1 week related to this.
 
OP
Trivius

Trivius

Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Location
Fresno, CA
A bit of an update on this project (I have since moved and am still settling in the new place):

Notes:

After cleaning up and paining my used Koolance WB set for the EVGA Classified 3, I stripped out a female fitting while trying to tighten down Moonsoon fitting--these do not seem to be compatible it would only take a few threads before freezing tight and overwhelming the plastic back-plate. So I scored a used EK WB and have that installed now.

The 120mm Black Ice Nemesis fits in the top, but it is very tight and bends the side-panel out just a bit.

On the memory, I am using two separate quad-kits with one set using a set of long black fins and the other using a set of long red fins.

front1.jpg main3.jpg

tubes2.jpg tubes1.jpg

main2.jpg

main1.jpg

back1.jpg