• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Light switch help easy one for mose ppl ;)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danialsmith

Registered
what switch do i need to get for my light??????

Like the amps and watts and volts????

this all the info i have on my light.
i dont want to brake it by getting the wrounge switch ;( thanks for the help ;)

danial smith

url
http://infotechnow.com/Merchant2/me..._Code=ISI&Product_Code=KO13&Category_Code=CLE

NEON LIGHT KIT 13"

Code: KO13
Price: $19.99
Shipping Weight: 2.00 pounds

Dimensions : .5" x 13"

4-pin Connector

Super Easy Installation

unplugged.jpg

Neon_largeblue.jpg

I have the wight one but it will look nice after i put my custem cut red mear at the bottem ;)

Iron Hawk

If you put the swith after the molex but before the inverter, all you need is a 12v switch. Most switches will be rated at 25vdc+ so voltage should not be a problem. Im not sure about the amperage, however 5a should be plenty, however the more the better.

A simple SPST on-off switch from radioshack should do just fine.

Iron Hawk

stool said:
Almost any 12v switch you can find at auto parts stores will work great, too.

Yep, just walk into any appropriate store and explain to somone somewhat knowledgable what you want to do, they will be able to get you the right part.

OP
D

danialsmith

Registered
sweat thanks for the grate info im on my way to get get a switch ;) im happy now ;)

O ya how do i wire it in???? what coloer wires and do i do it befor the box or after the lil gray box???

Prodius613

Registered
you wire it between the plug and the box not the light and the box

simple cut one wire in half and put the switch in the midle to join the wire back together