• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lighting Strikes then this . . .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

custoswashere

Registered
Here's a pick of my current video card:

That's after I tried to pull the heatsink off the core. It doesn't really matter since the card was destroyed, along with most of my system when lighting hit the phone junction box outside on the street.

Modem, Video, Motherboard, and probably the mem and CPU as well. Anyway, I though you guys and girls would liek to see a PNY Geforce 3 TI 200 taken apart. ;)

If you guys are really curious, take a look at some of my older threads where I orginally attached this heat sink and the memorysinks. IT's guite a difference now.

My 9700 pro should be here by the end of the week and I was hoping to use the heat sinks fromt he geforce on it.

I have more pics if you want me to post, let me know.
Mike

P.S. Damn that Artic Alumina is stong. I'm having a hell of a time getting off the heat sink. Broke 3 razor blades already trying to clean it off.

Yup. That's a hole through the fiberboard backing of the chip showing a copper layer of the chips PCB. There are some traces that are pulled to the upper left.
I'll post another pic showing the actual core.

you know, it's cool and sad at the same time. I was so proud of this card. I went from an ATI X-pert 99 to the ti 200 and now from the ti 200 to Radeon 9700. All within a year. My wife would have killed me but insurance actually came to the rescue this time and since I built the system myself and don't have to pay labor. . . hello 9700. ;)

here's a close up of the traces. Wierd that the core does not appear to be a perfect square or rectangle, but has rounded sides. Check out that trace density. The picture looked much better before I had to get it to 300x300 and under 50k.

that`s why i so happy with NO modem in my rig, my lan cable (actually internet) is shielded and the most i can lose is the psu, by the way i`ve love those kinds of key chains :)

Darkseid said:
that`s why i so happy with NO modem in my rig, my lan cable (actually internet) is shielded and the most i can lose is the psu, by the way i`ve love those kinds of key chains :)

I hear that. I don't have a modem in any of my PC's either. When I worked in a computer shop, so many computers where damaged due to surges it was crazy. A magnifying glass became part of my work station. Normally 1-2 days after a thunderstorm was in the area, the phones would start ringing about stuff not working. I sold so many surge protectors that way.

Back