• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

limit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

good

Registered
Overclocked 955BE to 3.7GHz, Xigmatek Dark Knight, RAM timings set to 8-8-8-24, DRAM frequency 800MHz. Running at about 36°C idle, and around 55°C under a full load. Pretty much just went into the BIOS and upped the multiplier. Tried to go past 3.7GHz, but I just bluescreen. I've read that 55°C for these chips is right around quittin' time. Was hoping to get stable at 3800MHz, just 'cause I like even numbers; I know 100MHz isn't going to make that great of a difference. Is there anything that can be done or am I just at the end of the road?

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
Read my 4.0ghz and above section in my Guide. It will explain it all.

OP
good

good

Registered
This is after running prime95 for about 20 minutes. I'm running cooler at 3800mhz? I did some cable management.. but surely cable management cannot improve airflow enough to directly effect your cpu temps that much..? Maybe it has something to do with my RAM being set to different timings, go figure.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 64

QuietIce

Disabled
Nice clock!

I've seen temp differences up to 5°C with good cable management compared to just throwing it all in there. Of course, it all depends on how bad the cables were in the first place and what kind of fans you have ... ;)

OP
good

good

Registered
it was pretty bad before.. much better now, took advantage of some of the pre-drilled holes in my case. i ran prime95 all night last night, and it finished. I guess i can say i have my first stable OC :D

The_Smurph

Registered
Excellent Overclock, the little amout of voltage that you are using is very good. Cable Management can make a huge difference as Quiet Ice stated. Im very surprised you were able to get it stable with that little of voltage. Also remember that very rarely do you stress all of the cores at once. You might be able to squeeze a little more out of that chip since you are using such a low voltage