• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lines across screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

][nsane

I recently got a Geforce 2 mx-400 and it worked fine for a few weeks but now when i play games i get weird lines across the screen. Just wondering if any body would know what could be causing it.

cheers

freddiedaman

well it seems that maybe you got a DOA card.....perhaps you should just take it back and get a new one......it happens every once in a while :( Might save you a lot of time and headaches....if you feel like it you could try reinstall OS, VIA 4-in-1 drivers plus some reliable GFX drivers, such as the 23.11's. If that doesn't work I suggest you just have it replaced, since it's a new card perfectly covered by warranty.

Good luck,

/freddie

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
hey insane, just wondering, but would you happen to have a CRT monitor? you know the flat screen, not te lcd though?

the reason im asking, these monitors have two lines across the screen, they are horizontal, and you can barely see them unless the backround is all white, if this is what you are talking about, its the monitor, and its perfectly normal, but if its not, then yea, go get another card

freddiedaman

didn't think of that Ranger, I'm so used to them lines I don't even notice them anymore:p But he does refer to them as occuring in games only, he should be seeing those lines the whole time in that case;)

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
well, my friend has one of these monitors, and i play games on it sometimes, and i see them, only way i could see them in windows was to get a totally white screen....and squint

freddiedaman

if he have used IE, Word or something like that on the comp he should have noticed them. But it's a very valid point you have. Perhaps you should check that first Insane?

/freddie

Über~PhLuBB

Jedi Knight Senior
I had 2 monitors replaced because of those 2 ultra-thin lines until a kindly Best Buy employee explained what they were to me.

I think his problem is scan lines, similar to this only they "roll" up or down, depending on the frequency. A friend of mine has a "computer room" in his house, it's filled to the brim with all manner of equipment from computers to oscilliscopes. His monitor shows these lines from all the EMI in there. ][nsane is already getting an RMA, but for future reference, add EMI to your list of diagnostic questions. =)