• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Links to history of the video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_Ryz_Factor

Wsup all! Well I'm going to be doing a term paper for my CGT101 class and it's going to be on the history of the video card. I'll be talking about the various companies, then and now, who make video cards, and why it was created and whatnot. I was just wondering if you can post any helpful links to sites that have good information on the general history of the video card. Maybe you can provide me with stuff I haven't already found, and I've found a lot. Well, if anyone can help out, it's much appreciated! (I pretty much already have sources on the companies individually but I don't really have just a general history kind of source yet. :( )

Maximouse

The_Ryz_Factor said:
Wsup all! Well I'm going to be doing a term paper for my CGT101 class and it's going to be on the history of the video card. I'll be talking about the various companies, then and now, who make video cards, and why it was created and whatnot. I was just wondering if you can post any helpful links to sites that have good information on the general history of the video card. Maybe you can provide me with stuff I haven't already found, and I've found a lot. Well, if anyone can help out, it's much appreciated! (I pretty much already have sources on the companies individually but I don't really have just a general history kind of source yet. :( )

Interesting subject:)

Try Here:
http://www.howstuffworks.com/graphics-card.htm

I remember the days from the old Monochrome cards.

Then ATI hit the scene with the graphics wonder (cga emulation using grayscale) then EGA and VGA (All those $$$ I spent) :)

Al