• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

linksys WRE54G Setup Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

I got my old extender out of the basement and for the life of me cant figure out how to configure it. So dont laugh at me please, I'm at my wits end right now been trying to get this working for a few hrs.

Laptop has Windows 7
Linksys WRT54GS Wireless Router
Linksys WRE54G Extender Version2

How do I get this thing working, I haven't used it for sometime as I didn't have a wireless pc, just got a lap top recently. Being the version 2 there is no lan connection on it to set it up and I can figure it out.

To be honest Ive read several threads on various forums on setup but I get lost.... I don't quit understand. Can someone give the me the no technical version of how to get it set up.

I see the extender in my wireless connection and when I try and connect and enter my wep key i cant connect, I don't think the router and extended are connected but I cant prove that either.

I have wireless internet from the router so i know that part is working.

Okay, there is a quick config button on the side of it, but that ONLY works if you have no wireless security on. Have you tried connecting to the wireless extender using your browser? The default IP is 192.168.1.240. Also, if you have the setup CD that would help too.

You can read the entire manual or download the setup wizard from Linksys's website. Take a look at the quick installation guide first.

http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support/WRE54G/download

Back