• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linux and BOINC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SatanSkin

Now we all know that it is actually somehow faster to run the windows F@H client through WINE in linux than the native linux client. Does anyone know if this is true for the BOINC client as well? Does anyone have any experience with BOINC in linux that could share their thoughts also?

You might try posting this over in the SETI forum, where they are running the BOINC client. I don't know of any of us Folding@Home types know much about BOINC except for a few crossovers like LandShark. Maybe a mod will move this over for you. :)

BOINC includes 2 or 3 protein folding projects. That is why I posted it here. That and because it related to the use of the F@H client on Linux. But perhaps they would know more.

well.... F@H on BOINC is actually not that far off. It is in beta testing the last i heard (and that was about 3 months back). Wouldn't be surprised if by this time next year... half the BOINC team would be joinin' us on F@H because it finally made the leap to BOINC

Back