• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linux and SETI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beelzebub

What's the best way to run Seti on Mandrake Linux so I can have a nice big cache of WU and not have to worry about checking up on it?

I have SetiSpy and SetiDriver on WinXP and run it 24/7 and never even check up on the thing. I want the same thing for my Linux rig. Any suggestions?

zouo

Registered
Run Setigate or SetiQ on the XP box and point the Linux machine at them. It will use XP as a proxy and you should never need to check on the Linux machine again.

Requirements are a LAN and a full cache on the proxy. My Linux router has been running Seti pretty much unattended since 3.03 came out using the same method.

OP
Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Maybe I should have added to my initial question that this is on a dual-boot machine :D Thank's for the response though zouo, but I wasn't clear on my initial description.

LuKE

SetiQueue has a linux version out. You might wanna check that out if your wanting a cache locally.

On my network i have an xp machine that has setiqueue on it. I point all my machines towards that xp machine. It is working very good for me cause i can keep track of many things. Work units, their preformance and all kinda goodies.