• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linux Desktop Screenshots

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeanBest

I'm pretty sure I've seen these posts before, but haven't seen one here in awhile. Hoping people will post their Linux desktop screenshots.

Include the basics (including links if you can find them) like:

Distro
Gnome/KDE/Xfce/etc.
Theme
Wallpaper
Addons/Packages (AWN, etc.)
Conky (configs)

I see a lot of these screenshots elsewhere but rarely do people really explain what they've got going on. I've pretty much moved to Linux entirely except for some minor gaming in Windows. Just really want to see what else is out there what people here are using.

I'll post mine here as soon as Mint 8 x64 is released and I install it. Right now just running Linux in a VM and can't run compiz so the desktop/theme/wallpaper are just the stock Mint 8 setup.

IMOG's EDIT: Sean, thanks for sending your screenshot to posterous, it's been published. Everyone else, please submit your stuff to posterous also, trying to get the community photos rolling:
http://www.overclockers.com/posterous-overclockers-coms-community-pictures/

Last edited by a moderator:

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
so i am sure i won't be the only one but:

linux_desktop.png

had to go with an ascii art motd ;)

gnome is installed but i just have it there as a "just in case all of my other computers explode and don't work" scenario.

Last edited:

petteyg359

Likes Popcorn
My desktop. Gentoo, KDE 4 "compositing" kwin, and yaWP (yet another Weather Plasmoid).
linuxdesktop.png

petteyg359

Likes Popcorn
Real Linux users use public keys for SSH login :p Ditch that out-of-fashion password :)

petteyg359

Likes Popcorn
Real linux users dont put using Vista U x64 on their signature :sn:

I haven't booted that in months. Sometimes I need Internet Exploder because my web host uses Dell systems with DRAC, and DRAC doesn't work in anything but IE. Damn Dell... The geniuses at Dell released a Firefox plugin to use DRAC, but forgot to make it possible to actually install the thing, so I'm stuck needing IE when I need KVM access to my server. I suppose I'm a failure of reality in Linux-land, then :)

SuperMiguel

Super User
I haven't booted that in months. Sometimes I need Internet Exploder because my web host uses Dell systems with DRAC, and DRAC doesn't work in anything but IE. Damn Dell... The geniuses at Dell released a Firefox plugin to use DRAC, but forgot to make it possible to actually install the thing, so I'm stuck needing IE when I need KVM access to my server. I suppose I'm a failure of reality in Linux-land, then :)

wine runs ie great :)

mbentley

i'll stick to my passwords, thanks :p

anyway, i have other people log in who would have issues grasping the concept of keys for login.

OP
SeanBest

SeanBest

Thanks IMOG. I'll send some more in once I get my Linux desktop squared away. I'll try and get some new pictures of my actual rig and some other stuff with my new camera.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Wrong thread?

I editted his first post. ;)

I have valid needs for windows based apps also, and I also try to battle for respect in the linux loving community! Band together!

curtis1552

Last edited:

mbentley

i will post a screen shot of my gentoo desktop when i get home if i remember. there is really nothing special about. also submitted my terminal shot to posterous for overclockers.com

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
It's live on posterous, thanks for sending it in.

Also, I fixed miguel's screenshot - it had URL tags on it rather than IMG tags, which is why it showed up as a link and not an inline image.

SuperMiguel

Super User
It's live on posterous, thanks for sending it in.

Also, I fixed miguel's screenshot - it had URL tags on it rather than IMG tags, which is why it showed up as a link and not an inline image.

i did it like that because it was to big.. not sure how to put it how you did.. to make it be small like that.. new forum feature?