• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linux Question Regarding Application Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeanBest

Code:
./linux/jgrasp: error while loading shared libraries: libX11.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Getting this error when I try launching the run script for jGrasp. I extracted the folder (as I've done before) and tried running it, tried making an application launcher and neither worked. I ran it via the terminal and finally got an error to show. I checked and libX11 seems like it's installed. I've never had to do anything special before when running this. This even works fine in my Mint 8 VM under Windows ... nothing different.

OP
SeanBest

SeanBest

Small update ... seems I needed some ia32-lib stuff and it now opens ... but once opened I can't click anything ... it just sits there almost like its unresponsive, but I can minimize/maximize and close it without trouble ...

So weird ...

OP
SeanBest

SeanBest

Fixed it ... seems like it didn't like the default character encoding (never does) but I've never had it become unresponsive ... always just changed it under the Tools menu. Opened and closed it several times and finally became responsive and I was able to change it and it's working fine for now!

MOD feel free to delete this thread ... no idea if this would useful to anyone else!