• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Liquid Cooled my 590, open up an application, temps shoot to 100 Degrees C???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO
You're going to love the case. Just be careful in some areas of the case as it's mostly plastic. Especially the top filter. You'll need to do a trick to remove it up top or you'll break a plastic piece off. Got that tip from others who have.

OP
E

Eugenius88

You're going to love the case. Just be careful in some areas of the case as it's mostly plastic. Especially the top filter. You'll need to do a trip to remove it up top or you'll break a plastic piece off. Got that tip from others who have.
I heard about people not knowing what they're doing, and doing that. I'll be aware of that once I get it. Must disassemble the Aurora first. Then I have to buy water cooling parts.

RnRollie

So I just purchased my 900D, now I'll be able to remove parts in my Aurora R3, I'll probably decide to sell the case on Ebay for someone and I basically just keep the I/O board in there since it won't really work with my 900D. If anyone has owned an Aurora in the past, would there be anything else besides that to stick in the case for reselling? Also, there's somewhat of a strip of motherboard on top of the interior of the case, with fan inputs, somewhat like a detached motherboard(Refer to image) but after observation, there are 4 screws(4th not pictured) and I believe a 12-pin connector from the PSU.

It's one of those typical DELL solutions, i wouldn't touch it with a very long pole. Only transplant it if you also transplant the DELL PSU.
In general i'ld be a bit weary about transplanting DELL stuff...:chair:

OP
E

Eugenius88

It's one of those typical DELL solutions, i wouldn't touch it with a very long pole. Only transplant it if you also transplant the DELL PSU.
In general i'ld be a bit weary about transplanting DELL stuff...:chair:
I basically will have to since I'm not upgrading my computer any time soon with new parts.

OP
E

Eugenius88

400mm? Size makes no diff. It's a waste of money. All a res does is bleed the loop and a place to add water. Makes NO diff in performance.

400mm? Silly.
It looks pretty nice in my eyes, however, it doesn't always look too well in others' eyes. Just something I found I thought was pretty appealing.

OP
E

Eugenius88

Guys, my dad picked up a screamer(his gf), they think I'm asleep, yet I hear them having intercourse as we speak. All that's dividing us is a 1 foot thick wall that is not properly insulated. I'm scared :chair:. In other news relevant to the thread, I finally got my 900D and am trying to figure out the cables, especially the fans, which I believe I must buy molex cables even though I have yet a clue what to do with them once I buy them.

OP
E

Eugenius88

Ok, I've transferred all my parts to my 900D, except my video card, which will be attended to later, however, the 4 case fans that come with it and the fans I'll get for my radiator soon as I manage everything in and measure, are not. The thing is, I've read and read about molex, but I still don't get it, I understand the 3 pin connecting to the fan's connector, but I'm completely missing the whole 4 pin male/female molex cable connecting to my PSU. It's really hurting my head because I'm sure I'm over thinking about this whole thing. Could someone elaborate on molex? Since most of you finished your loops, you should know about molex and I'd like to see how you guys approach it since I'm sitting here...very confused.

\dev\goat

man /dev/goat
Ok, I've transferred all my parts to my 900D, except my video card, which will be attended to later, however, the 4 case fans that come with it and the fans I'll get for my radiator soon as I manage everything in and measure, are not. The thing is, I've read and read about molex, but I still don't get it, I understand the 3 pin connecting to the fan's connector, but I'm completely missing the whole 4 pin male/female molex cable connecting to my PSU. It's really hurting my head because I'm sure I'm over thinking about this whole thing. Could someone elaborate on molex? Since most of you finished your loops, you should know about molex and I'd like to see how you guys approach it since I'm sitting here...very confused.

Don't overthink it, amigo.

Your motherboard will only have a few slots for 3-pin fans to plug into. So your radiator fans will either need to be plugged in to a fan controller, or into the psu directly (molex).

Any decent fans will come with a 3pin to 4pin molex adapter in the package. They just plug straight in to a molex, and you can daisy-chain them together.

If you don't have a fan controller, they're gonna run at 100% speed when you plug them in via the molex adapter.

You don't need a fan controller though, because switching the fans to a lower voltage (and thereby reducing their speed) is super easy.

All you gotta do is switch 1 of the wires to change them from 12 volts to 7 volts or 5 volts.

Look at this thread:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372297

edit: note - you'll do the volt mod to the molex adapter, then plug the 3pin into it. Don't mess with the wires coming into the 3pin.

Last edited:

GTXJackBauer

What kind of fans did you get? The fans included with the case are voltage controlled only so you'll either need a fan controller or a Bitspower Power Extension. It's usually cheaper than a fan controller and gives you some flexibility. That's if all your fans are non PWM.

OP
E

Eugenius88

What kind of fans did you get? The fans included with the case are voltage controlled only so you'll either need a fan controller or a Bitspower Power Extension. It's usually cheaper than a fan controller and gives you some flexibility. That's if all your fans are non PWM.

I'll be having a total of 12 fans if I do push/pull with a 480mm which I'll most likely be doing and I've seen fan controllers only doing 5 per controller. Also 1 140mm Corsair fan and 3 120mm Corsair fans.

Correct me if I'm wrong but are these molex cables?(Picture 1[Top Left])

Also my bottom panel for my 900D is going below the magnet which doesn't allow it to close(Picture 2[Top Right] and Picture 3[Bottom Left]). I've read you have to bend the hinges in, but I can't really identify them nor how I would take them out. You have a 900D GTX, right? If not, would you propose a possible solution? I also have a picture of my other panel(Picture 4[Bottom Right]) that's fine.

Attachments

• Molex.jpg
    Molex.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • Magnet1.jpg
    Magnet1.jpg
    663.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Magnet2.jpg
    Magnet2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • GoodMagnet.jpg
    GoodMagnet.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52

GTXJackBauer

I'll be having a total of 12 fans if I do push/pull with a 480mm which I'll most likely be doing and I've seen fan controllers only doing 5 per controller. Also 1 140mm Corsair fan and 3 120mm Corsair fans.

Correct me if I'm wrong but are these molex cables?(Picture 1[Top Left])

The white ones are Molex Power. The black ones are Sata Power Connectors.

As for fan controller, you can stack multiple fans on one channel. So say you get a 30 watt per channel fan connector, you could connect say 20w of fans on each channel. You don't want to overload it as on start ups the fans ask for quite a bit of juice to spin up.

Also my bottom panel for my 900D is going below the magnet which doesn't allow it to close(Picture 2[Top Right] and Picture 3[Bottom Left]). I've read you have to bend the hinges in, but I can't really identify them nor how I would take them out. You have a 900D GTX, right? If not, would you propose a possible solution? I also have a picture of my other panel(Picture 4[Bottom Right]) that's fine.

Yeah, that's not normal. All my sides are fine. Some people have complained of bend cases. You see to have an issue there. Not sure if its the aluminum or a hinge. You'll have to send those pictures to the Corsair Forums under the case section and state your problem and pictures. Maybe they can give you some replacements or insight on what to look for since its under warranty.

OP
E

Eugenius88

Yeah, that's not normal. All my sides are fine. Some people have complained of bend cases. You see to have an issue there. Not sure if its the aluminum or a hinge. You'll have to send those pictures to the Corsair Forums under the case section and state your problem and pictures. Maybe they can give you some replacements or insight on what to look for since its under warranty.
Got my post up on the forums, but whatever it is, aluminum or hinge, it's closing the panel too low :cry: