• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Liquid Cooled my 590, open up an application, temps shoot to 100 Degrees C???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
E

Eugenius88

UPDATE: Panel issue fixed, thanks to my wonderful dad, now on to the parts, I'll be going for a FrozenQ reservoir, I'll be checking for size later(400,250,160mm). Otherwise, can you mount a D5 on the bottom of a FrozenQ since that is one of their two pumps sold on their website? Or is that just EK? Finally, I'll most likely be going with a low FPI 480mm rad, possibly push/pull, maybe just push, with some silent fans, most likely Cooler Master.

iAmCodeMonkey

UPDATE: Panel issue fixed, thanks to my wonderful dad, now on to the parts, I'll be going for a FrozenQ reservoir, I'll be checking for size later(400,250,160mm). Otherwise, can you mount a D5 on the bottom of a FrozenQ since that is one of their two pumps sold on their website? Or is that just EK? Finally, I'll most likely be going with a low FPI 480mm rad, possibly push/pull, maybe just push, with some silent fans, most likely Cooler Master.

Good water-cooling specific fans will do a better job. See my thread for details here: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=737295

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO

I would steer away from FrozenQ from my experience and others. Their quality isn't where it should be nor is their customer support. It was a while ago but I don't trust their reservoirs. I would just look elsewhere.

You set on a cylinder reservoir or have options open for a bay res?

OP
E

Eugenius88

I would steer away from FrozenQ from my experience and others. Their quality isn't where it should be nor is their customer support. It was a while ago but I don't trust their reservoirs. I would just look elsewhere.

You set on a cylinder reservoir or have options open for a bay res?
What exactly is wrong with with their reservoirs? I'm just so mesmerized by them :cry: I'm fairly hooked on a cylinder reservoir, but I can do bay if I'm extremely desperate.

GTXJackBauer

What exactly is wrong with with their reservoirs? I'm just so mesmerized by them :cry: I'm fairly hooked on a cylinder reservoir, but I can do bay if I'm extremely desperate.

Leak, corrode, don't respond to your emails for months, don't get replacement for months..........need I go on? lol

They rushed themselves into the cases market with acrylic cases. :bang head :facepalm: That's a holy mess waiting to happen.

Not that it matters but I've heard who the owner is. A ambitious early 20+ year old. I remember when he made his first prototype 3+ years ago. People loved the look as I did as well. That's all you saw till you dissected it all. 3 replaced reservoirs refused to fit in my dual bay of my 800D. Not sure how they are doing now, maybe the reservoirs are better now but being a young 20 yr old running a company like that only made me think he was in it for the quick money than the actually testing phase and making customers happy. You can google and look around. Here's one example.

I still have 3 FrozenQ reservoirs. Custom tri-spiral UV Blue. I am willing to sell them for less but I don't know if people will know what to do with them unless you mode the hell out of them. He charged me $150-$160 for a tri spiral dual bay reservoir with a custom MCP-35x mount on the back. Only problem was, it felt as if he just made that design and throw it at me. None of it worked. He sent me the wrong screws on the 2nd replacement and eventually botched that one.

Don't be fooled by the morons who drool over these reservoirs who write good comments but waited months for theirs as well. It's a trend from this so called company. Many kids out there that will say great things about this company whether they have leaked or got a bad reservoir from them because it looks like nothing else on the market and has the big OL bling factor too it to show off to their little e-peen friends. Sorry for the rant but I am getting bad flashbacks. lol

Last edited:
OP
E

Eugenius88

Leak, corrode, don't respond to your emails for months, don't get replacement for months..........need I go on? lol

They rushed themselves into the cases market with acrylic cases. :bang head :facepalm: That's a holy mess waiting to happen.

Not that it matters but I've heard who the owner is. A ambitious early 20+ year old. I remember when he made his first prototype 3+ years ago. People loved the look as I did as well. That's all you saw till you dissected it all. 3 replaced reservoirs refused to fit in my dual bay of my 800D. Not sure how they are doing now, maybe the reservoirs are better now but being a young 20 yr old running a company like that only made me think he was in it for the quick money than the actually testing phase and making customers happy. You can google and look around. Here's one example.

I still have 3 FrozenQ reservoirs. Custom tri-spiral UV Blue. I am willing to sell them for less but I don't know if people will know what to do with them unless you mode the hell out of them. He charged me $150-$160 for a tri spiral dual bay reservoir with a custom MCP-35x mount on the back. Only problem was, it felt as if he just made that design and throw it at me. None of it worked. He sent me the wrong screws on the 2nd replacement and eventually botched that one.

Don't be fooled by the morons who drool over these reservoirs who write good comments but waited months for theirs as well. It's a trend from this so called company. Many kids out there that will say great things about this company whether they have leaked or got a bad reservoir from them because it looks like nothing else on the market and has the big OL bling factor too it to show off to their little e-peen friends. Sorry for the rant but I am getting bad flashbacks. lol
Are you just talking about their BAY reservoirs or all their reservoirs in general? So far the issues I've seen with FrozenQ were their bay ones. I'm planning on getting a 400 mm tri spiral, the bay one looks ugly imo, which leads me to an off topic question. Is it possible to take out the two drive cages at the bottom of the 900D? I've measured, and the 400mm will fit(with radiator and fans) if the bottom cage to the left can be taken out.

GTXJackBauer

Are you just talking about their BAY reservoirs or all their reservoirs in general? So far the issues I've seen with FrozenQ were their bay ones. I'm planning on getting a 400 mm tri spiral, the bay one looks ugly imo, which leads me to an off topic question. Is it possible to take out the two drive cages at the bottom of the 900D? I've measured, and the 400mm will fit(with radiator and fans) if the bottom cage to the left can be taken out.

All of their reservoirs.

Yes you can take the drive cages out of the bottom. I have the 2 drive cages on mid-front. Radiators are stationed in the bottom.

GTXJackBauer

:cry: Well it was a year ago, I'll check for some recent reviews, how about EK? I mainly want to go for a cylinder reservoir since I plan for that to be in my view of the 900D's window so I can stare at it.

Primochill, EK to name a few. There are a lot of good ones out there. I am liking the Primochill ones since the color can match up with their tubing pretty well. Only thing that worries me from what I've heard they aren't screw caps on each end.

Here's a list. Just don't pay attention to the FrozenQ ones.

OP
E

Eugenius88

So I'm looking at CPU Waterblocks, but restriction wise, do I need to consider restriction with only two blocks in the loop?

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
So I'm looking at CPU Waterblocks, but restriction wise, do I need to consider restriction with only two blocks in the loop?

Not if you have a good pump.

Most of your restriction right now will come from rads.

Conumdrum

Yes. All you have to do is read what others use and not stay focused on just your thread. It's a big world out there, explore, you can learn a lot. Read others, read the stickies, read and read.

OP
E

Eugenius88

Sweet, I scavenged a Delta AFC1212DE from the Alienware CPU Liquid Cooling and dusted it and now I'll just use it to replace the uppermost front case fan that came with my 900D to cool the PCI area. Even though I'll be WCing my 590 but since it's fairly expensive and I won't buy multiple for cooling my rad(480mm), and I won't have a 120mm, I might as well replace one of the case fans.

Also another update, I'll be getting Phobya LED Flexlight High Density 3x60cm(120cm only sold in UK aka high shipping costs) RGB Multi Colour to wrap around the window of my case, by just barely, as well as the Phobya LED Flex Light RGB Controller.

I'm currently taking my budget up a notch and looking at Alphacool rads, researching on which size will be sufficient(30,45,60,86mm) and what fans(20,38mm) to pair up with so I have enough space left afterwards.

Finally, sorry Jack, going against your wishes, but I studied FrozenQ from their service post-2012 crisis and read threads of what happened a year ago, owner was sick/injured at the time, no time to work, etc. People have said quality and service has improved over the year so I'm willing to go for it. I'll be getting a 400mm Tri-Spiral White, Dark Blue, UV Red res and I'll be sticking with that decision :)

Last edited:
OP
E

Eugenius88

I'll be getting these fans, 4 of them, with a fan controller slap them on push on a 480 and I'll be good.

GTXJackBauer

Finally, sorry Jack, going against your wishes, but I studied FrozenQ from their service post-2012 crisis and read threads of what happened a year ago, owner was sick/injured at the time, no time to work, etc. People have said quality and service has improved over the year so I'm willing to go for it. I'll be getting a 400mm Tri-Spiral White, Dark Blue, UV Red res and I'll be sticking with that decision :)

Bunch of bull. Not you, them. Little 15 yr olds getting excited at how something looks than how its put together will give you those answers and you can fish them around with excuses all day.

I could show you all my emails from them with promises and the forums. When I first put my order, it took 5 months if my memory recalls correctly when I was promised a few weeks, than one more week, than silence, than one week more, silence again lol, with different excuses each time, finally 5 months later it came which had to be RMA'd since it wasn't spec'd for dual bay size. (It was too wide) Than 3 months later my 2nd RMA came and was given the wrong screws. Sockets are busted on one and another the long screw is stuck it in and won't come out. At first it was my fault than they admitted they gave the wrong screws out at that batch. 3rd RMA came in before NYEs. I had tested it outside the rig on my first H20 setup to leak test etc. I was very cautious and curious how it all works. A month I left it out with the liquid in the reservoir with a pump on a simple small loop. The screws that plug to the side were being eaten up. My guess is they were aluminum screws. They didn't test to see which metals SHOULD go with H20. Its like the guy jumped into H20 without doing research.

Recently they jumped to acrylic cases. :facepalm:

Again, he made a very cool looking reservoir that caught a lot of attention. The R/D I believe didn't exist. It was all trial and error based off of the consumer. A lot of kids who jumped into H20 who don't do their research but do it for the attention/bling find out the hard way. The cylinder reservoirs had a threading problem and were prone to leak. I can keep on going and going. He was making bulk batches while all these problems existed. Support barely existed. Like I said, a young ambitious person or realized he could make some fast dough. Oh and he jumped on personal side projects for some shows while a bunch of us were waiting like A-holes for 5+ months for a product we had payed for.

I had made a complaint/rant after 9 months which ended up getting deleted from their facebook page. I'd have to go searching but I heard different excuse after excuse. Young immature guy trying to make the big $$$. Maybe they've changed but by your search it looks all sounds like the same song played before. Some people still waiting for their reservoir for months.

I paid $150+, yes that much for a freaking reservoir with a triple spiral and MCP-3xx rear mount. For that much I could buy a really sick reservoir from many reputable companies. I ended up never returning them since I would have to pay shipping and haven't heard from them since than. I have 3 of them here basically B-stock or w/e to sell as is lol.

Only good thing that came out of it from the downtime was the long time of researched I had done for H20. :rofl:

Oh my did I just rant a little? :blah: Meh, it was story time anyways. :p

Hey its your money as you can do as you may. Don't say I didn't warn you. ;)

I'll be getting these fans, 4 of them, with a fan controller slap them on push on a 480 and I'll be good.

Are those good for radiators? Make sure you check the reviews and buy good fans for the radiator. For that price I'd grab 4 Helix 120 fans. PWM or not is up to you.

Last edited:
OP
E

Eugenius88

Bunch of bull. Not you, them. Little 15 yr olds getting excited at how something looks than how its put together will give you those answers and you can fish them around with excuses all day.

I could show you all my emails from them with promises and the forums. When I first put my order, it took 5 months if my memory recalls correctly when I was promised a few weeks, than one more week, than silence, than one week more, silence again lol, with different excuses each time, finally 5 months later it came which had to be RMA'd since it wasn't spec'd for dual bay size. (It was too wide) Than 3 months later my 2nd RMA came and was given the wrong screws. Sockets are busted on one and another the long screw is stuck it in and won't come out. At first it was my fault than they admitted they gave the wrong screws out at that batch. 3rd RMA came in before NYEs. I had tested it outside the rig on my first H20 setup to leak test etc. I was very cautious and curious how it all works. A month I left it out with the liquid in the reservoir with a pump on a simple small loop. The screws that plug to the side were being eaten up. My guess is they were aluminum screws. They didn't test to see which metals SHOULD go with H20. Its like the guy jumped into H20 without doing research.

Recently they jumped to acrylic cases. :facepalm:

Again, he made a very cool looking reservoir that caught a lot of attention. The R/D I believe didn't exist. It was all trial and error based off of the consumer. A lot of kids who jumped into H20 who don't do their research but do it for the attention/bling find out the hard way. The cylinder reservoirs had a threading problem and were prone to leak. I can keep on going and going. He was making bulk batches while all these problems existed. Support barely existed. Like I said, a young ambitious person or realized he could make some fast dough. Oh and he jumped on personal side projects for some shows while a bunch of us were waiting like A-holes for 5+ months for a product we had payed for.

I had made a complaint/rant after 9 months which ended up getting deleted from their facebook page. I'd have to go searching but I heard different excuse after excuse. Young immature guy trying to make the big $$$. Maybe they've changed but by your search it looks all sounds like the same song played before. Some people still waiting for their reservoir for months.

I paid $150+, yes that much for a freaking reservoir with a triple spiral and MCP-3xx rear mount. For that much I could buy a really sick reservoir from many reputable companies. I ended up never returning them since I would have to pay shipping and haven't heard from them since than. I have 3 of them here basically B-stock or w/e to sell as is lol.

Only good thing that came out of it from the downtime was the long time of researched I had done for H20. :rofl:

Oh my did I just rant a little? :blah: Meh, it was story time anyways. :p

Hey its your money as you can do as you may. Don't say I didn't warn you. ;)

Are those good for radiators? Make sure you check the reviews and buy good fans for the radiator. For that price I'd grab 4 Helix 120 fans. PWM or not is up to you.
Well at this point, I need to consider $$$, since pump/rad/pump ~$350 so tomorrow after school I'll be looking into EK Res with pump mounts or pump included, or other brands, whichever one is best. You have persuaded me I have to admit, but the $$$ is always a factor and I could use more of my budget on rad, CPU block and possibly fans/fittings