• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Liquid Cooled my 590, open up an application, temps shoot to 100 Degrees C???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
E

Eugenius88

Little 15 yr olds getting excited at how something looks than how its put together will give you those answers and you can fish them around with excuses all day.
Does that apply to Mayhem's Aurora coolant as well? I am so far assuming anything extremely aesthetically pleasing, will not be a good thing in the long run when it comes to liquid cooling.

OP
E

Eugenius88

Your fluid should be distilled water with a biocide.
That's the road I plan to take, I just feel like that that Aurora coolant will kill your whole loop, the viscosity just looks like that of saliva during heartburn.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
That's the road I plan to take, I just feel like that that Aurora coolant will kill your whole loop, the viscosity just looks like that of saliva during heartburn.

This is exactly why we advise against any liquid besides what I said before :thup:

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO
Does that apply to Mayhem's Aurora coolant as well? I am so far assuming anything extremely aesthetically pleasing, will not be a good thing in the long run when it comes to liquid cooling.

If you're some modder who is bringing a rig to a show just for the publicity, I can see why you'd use some mayhem. For everyday home use, no way unless you flush and clean the system every 2-3 months and you'll still stain a bit otherwise you'll clog up, your temps automatically suffer as well. Distilled is the purest which holds the best amount of heat to dissipate.

RnRollie

If you're some modder who is bringing a rig to a show just for the publicity, I can see why you'd use some mayhem. For everyday home use, no way unless you flush and clean the system every 2-3 months and you'll still stain a bit otherwise you'll clog up, your temps automatically suffer as well. Distilled is the purest which holds the best amount of heat to dissipate.

Actually no, elements 119 & 120 are miles better, but 119 (Ad) needs to be kept way too hot indefinitely to be useful.
And as for 120 (Ub), only Conumdrum & myself have been able to transform and keep it in liquid state for a few hours. As you know 120(Ub) exists in a "natural" liquid state also and is commonly (but wrongly) referred to as element 121 (Uo). In any case, it is very difficult for mere mortals to get their hands on :)

BTW: your application for a second 12oz container of Ub is still pending the swiss bank money xfer :)

GTXJackBauer

Actually no, elements 119 & 120 are miles better, but 119 (Ad) needs to be kept way too hot indefinitely to be useful.
And as for 120 (Ub), only Conumdrum & myself have been able to transform and keep it in liquid state for a few hours. As you know 120(Ub) exists in a "natural" liquid state also and is commonly (but wrongly) referred to as element 121 (Uo). In any case, it is very difficult for mere mortals to get their hands on :)

BTW: your application for a second 12oz container of Ub is still pending the swiss bank money xfer :)

:facepalm: ........... What? Sorry I am not a chemist. lol

OP
E

Eugenius88

I have to say, all the chemistry involved in liquid cooling and my love for chemistry in general, makes me want to have the guts to take AP Chem next year, hard class, but REALLY interesting concepts to be learned. Also I'm starting to have a clear indication on my parts:

CPU Block: XSPC Raystorm Acetal, cheap and high quality. I hear the copper one, more expensive, is just a little behind the acetal.

GPU Block: What I'll also do, clean that sucker, because when I had the ol' TT760, I foolishly touched the copper with my fingers and it just looks hideous, and plus I COULD'VE misplaced it on the GPU, which could've also been a culprit for my temps, not too sure of my fittings being the issue. It most likely was the crap thing was designed for a single CPU, with it's 120.1 and crap pump. Who knows?

Radiator: 480mm Alphacool UT60 or Monsta since I'll be saving about $100 on res.

Reservoir: Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 400 Inline Reservoir Ice Red, I need something colorful, looking at a clear reservoir isn't on my to-do list. OR Monsoon Dual Bay D5 Res if I get over my love for cylinder reservoirs.

Pump: D5/655

Tubing: Primochill, color to be decided later, and I'll buy 2 foot, since that is ~ how much I need, I'll measure later on though, instead of 10, because I really don't need 10 and it saves $$$

Liquid: Distilled + PTNuke

Fans: Gentle Typhoon 120mm x4

LIGHTING!: Phobya Multicolor LED Strip 60cm x 3
- Phobya RBG Controller

NOTE: I'll throw in prices later once I find good deals on each, some websites are cheaper than others, especially FrozenCPU and some of my items, Alphacool Rads and XSPC Raystorm, are currently out of stock and they are cheap compared to others so I'll be on a lookout for restocking.

OP
E

Eugenius88

Chiming in once more.
I have a feeling they do, do GPU water blocks have specific inlets/outlets as CPU water blocks do? If so, that could be the culprit of my 100ºC+ temps on my gpu. I most likely made the pump run to the outlet instead of the inlet and I heard that's how people get crazy temps...:facepalm:

GTXJackBauer

I have to say, all the chemistry involved in liquid cooling and my love for chemistry in general, makes me want to have the guts to take AP Chem next year, hard class, but REALLY interesting concepts to be learned. Also I'm starting to have a clear indication on my parts:

CPU Block: XSPC Raystorm Acetal, cheap and high quality. I hear the copper one, more expensive, is just a little behind the acetal.

GPU Block: What I'll also do, clean that sucker, because when I had the ol' TT760, I foolishly touched the copper with my fingers and it just looks hideous, and plus I COULD'VE misplaced it on the GPU, which could've also been a culprit for my temps, not too sure of my fittings being the issue. It most likely was the crap thing was designed for a single CPU, with it's 120.1 and crap pump. Who knows?

Radiator: 480mm Alphacool UT60 or Monsta since I'll be saving about $100 on res.

Reservoir: Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 400 Inline Reservoir Ice Red, I need something colorful, looking at a clear reservoir isn't on my to-do list. OR Monsoon Dual Bay D5 Res if I get over my love for cylinder reservoirs.

Pump: D5/655

Tubing: Primochill, color to be decided later, and I'll buy 2 foot, since that is ~ how much I need, I'll measure later on though, instead of 10, because I really don't need 10 and it saves $$$

Liquid: Distilled + PTNuke

Fans: Gentle Typhoon 120mm x4

LIGHTING!: Phobya Multicolor LED Strip 60cm x 3
- Phobya RBG Controller

NOTE: I'll throw in prices later once I find good deals on each, some websites are cheaper than others, especially FrozenCPU and some of my items, Alphacool Rads and XSPC Raystorm, are currently out of stock and they are cheap compared to others so I'll be on a lookout for restocking.

Your list looks good.

There are some colored cylinder reservoirs that can match decently if not well with the colored tubing. If you're going for a theme go with primochill cylinder reservoir and tubing. If not I'd seriously consider the Monsoon Series 2 with it's nice pump mount in the back with LEDs built in the reservoir. Than your RBGs can light up the case from the side.

Make sure you grab either the D5 PWM or MCP-35x. At the moment the 35x is the king of the hill.

Honestly Performance-PC and Frozencpu have very similar prices. I've done identical lists before and on different occasion they both were anywhere from $5-$10 apart from each other. I've bought from both of them. They are great but majority has come from Frozencpu since they have a huge selection.

Chiming in once more.
I have a feeling they do, do GPU water blocks have specific inlets/outlets as CPU water blocks do? If so, that could be the culprit of my 100ºC+ temps on my gpu. I most likely made the pump run to the outlet instead of the inlet and I heard that's how people get crazy temps...:facepalm:

Shouldn't make a big difference which in/out you go on the GPU block but DOES on the CPU block.

OP
E

Eugenius88

Your list looks good.

There are some colored cylinder reservoirs that can match decently if not well with the colored tubing. If you're going for a theme go with primochill cylinder reservoir and tubing. If not I'd seriously consider the Monsoon Series 2 with it's nice pump mount in the back with LEDs built in the reservoir. Than your RBGs can light up the case from the side.
I can't do Primochill reservoirs, honestly the colors are just too ugly and neonish for my taste, if only they did the same colors as their tubing THEN I'd consider, that was the main reason I was looking at FrozenQ prior, how well the colors were matching up and how they didn't look like a bad 80s music video.
Make sure you grab either the D5 PWM or MCP-35x. At the moment the 35x is the king of the hill.

Honestly Performance-PC and Frozencpu have very similar prices. I've done identical lists before and on different occasion they both were anywhere from $5-$10 apart from each other. I've bought from both of them. They are great but majority has come from Frozencpu since they have a huge selection.
I thought D5 was better lmao, saw some charts just now, what'd you know? 35x > D5.

I try to make those $10-$5 matter because they can build up in savings and possibly add an upgrade in my list or money in my pocket.

Shouldn't make a big difference which in/out you go on the GPU block but DOES on the CPU block.
Well that's ruled out. Also, how fast does galvanic corrosion take place? I just saw how my TT760's rad was aluminum :x. I'm considering taking apart the block and observing possible corrosion if any, but to clean the inside anyway since I messed up the cleaning for it horribly a numerous amount of times and just to make sure nothing bad is going on in there.

GTXJackBauer

So now I'm investigating XSPC's Photon Reservoirs considering they have a changeable LED light, which means COLORS :bday:

Yup, those are fairy new and look pretty nice. Don't know too much about them. I would wait for reviews if you're patient to see how they do.

Primochill, color to be decided later, and I'll buy 2 foot, since that is ~ how much I need, I'll measure later on though, instead of 10, because I really don't need 10 and it saves $$$

I almost forgot, I would grab more as its always convenient. You will end up wishing you had purchased more. I ordered 2 retail boxes of 10 feet from primochill and have just over 3 feet left with one of them. The 900D case is a VERY BIG case. I am guessing you want it to look nice. You might cut a tubing too short and have to start over again or reroute it a certain way. Up to you but you're always better off having extra since the case is so big as well as for error circumstances.

sobe

Unscathed Member
Also, make sure the Primochill tubing you grab is their latest, LRT Advanced, otherwise you will run into a lot of issues with the tubing when it comes to your breakdown.

OP
E

Eugenius88

Yup, those are fairy new and look pretty nice. Don't know too much about them. I would wait for reviews if you're patient to see how they do.
I'll be on the lookout for them, I'll still be awhile until I'll actually buy everything, so I can probably find some before I buy it.
I almost forgot, I would grab more as its always convenient. You will end up wishing you had purchased more. I ordered 2 retail boxes of 10 feet from primochill and have just over 3 feet left with one of them. The 900D case is a VERY BIG case. I am guessing you want it to look nice. You might cut a tubing too short and have to start over again or reroute it a certain way. Up to you but you're always better off having extra since the case is so big as well as for error circumstances.
You went through 17 feet? Damn, that's a lot lol. I was just going through my mind, that I probably don't need too much, since It'll be Reservoir -> Pump -> GPU Block -> CPU Block -> Rad -> Res. How I plan it to look like, res mounted near mobo, pump below res, pump goes to gpu block above, then to cpu block above, then to rad, back to the res. Here's a picture to help you see it better...

Attachments

• corsair_900D.png
    corsair_900D.png
    175 KB · Views: 35
OP
E

Eugenius88

Also, make sure the Primochill tubing you grab is their latest, LRT Advanced, otherwise you will run into a lot of issues with the tubing when it comes to your breakdown.
Yeah I heard Pro has a lot of plasticizing.

DaaG

Check their FB page for more info on this, Photon reservoir w D5 pump

1234714_511884322231621_1194911437_n.jpg

GTXJackBauer

You went through 17 feet? Damn, that's a lot lol. I was just going through my mind, that I probably don't need too much, since It'll be Reservoir -> Pump -> GPU Block -> CPU Block -> Rad -> Res. How I plan it to look like, res mounted near mobo, pump below res, pump goes to gpu block above, then to cpu block above, then to rad, back to the res. Here's a picture to help you see it better...

:rofl:.....I should've been more clear. haha I went through 7 feet of it on one box with 3 feet left. Still have another 10 feet of retail in another whenever I replace the tubing from a while now. Yeah I guess you can say I went a bit overboard. lol In your case I would prolly look at maybe 4-5 feet total from the looks of your outline.

OP
E

Eugenius88

Well XSPC just revealed that it will take about a month to get into stores, yeah maybe not, I'll stick with the res and a 35x then.