• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Liquid Cooled my 590, open up an application, temps shoot to 100 Degrees C???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
E

Eugenius88

Well XSPC just revealed that it will take about a month to get into stores, yeah maybe not, I'll stick with the res and a 35x then.
Update, I personally got messaged by XSPC and they have alerted me that they are actually shipping to resellers this week and can expect it for sale in 1-2 weeks, so I can actually, maybe can, wait for that, since a beauty of a res/pump combo can give me a shorter loop instead of a high up res with pump at the bottom.

OP
E

Eugenius88

:rofl:.....I should've been more clear. haha I went through 7 feet of it on one box with 3 feet left. Still have another 10 feet of retail in another whenever I replace the tubing from a while now. Yeah I guess you can say I went a bit overboard. lol In your case I would prolly look at maybe 4-5 feet total from the looks of your outline.
I knew something was fishy :rofl:, yeah I might as well buy the bulk, considering I'm saving a fair amount of money from the res and possible pump combo(XSPC D5 Photon 270).

I don't mind the D5 over the 35x, I enjoy the conveniency of a res/pump close together, shortening the loop.

OP
E

Eugenius88

Anyone know why only Alphacool ST30 Rads are available at US resellers while the rest(45,60,monsta)are out of stock? I really don't want to order my rad overseas, nor anything overseas mainly because of the currency conversion from euros/pounds to dollars is just too much, not including the horrid shipping costs.

jetboy

Registered
Anyone know why only Alphacool ST30 Rads are available at US resellers while the rest(45,60,monsta)are out of stock? I really don't want to order my rad overseas, nor anything overseas mainly because of the currency conversion from euros/pounds to dollars is just too much, not including the horrid shipping costs.

Huh? I just ordered a UT60 from Frozencpu. It was a triple though. I saw them at Performancepc's as well.

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO
Check Frozencpu, Performancepcs and Xoxide. They should have them if not just call in and ask when the arrival of their next stock will be in. Don't buy anything from overseas. You'll pay more.

OP
E

Eugenius88

Check Frozencpu, Performancepcs and Xoxide. They should have them if not just call in and ask when the arrival of their next stock will be in. Don't buy anything from overseas. You'll pay more.
My e-mail from FrozenCPU...

"I will check monday morning to be sure but i believe those are still being manufactured and won't be available until early November.
- Bucky"

I hope it's way earlier than that, I have all my part list, I just need some stuff in stock from US resellers :cry:

Still awaiting response from Performance-PC, Xoxide does not sell Alphacool Rads unfortunately. If Alphacool Rads don't come back in stock when XSPC 270 w/ D5 Pump goes in stock, I may need to find the second best low FPI rad.

GTXJackBauer

My e-mail from FrozenCPU...

"I will check monday morning to be sure but i believe those are still being manufactured and won't be available until early November.
- Bucky"

I hope it's way earlier than that, I have all my part list, I just need some stuff in stock from US resellers :cry:

Still awaiting response from Performance-PC, Xoxide does not sell Alphacool Rads unfortunately. If Alphacool Rads don't come back in stock when XSPC 270 w/ D5 Pump goes in stock, I may need to find the second best low FPI rad.

I wouldn't say they are the best radiators in the market. My favorite are Black Ice radiators. They've been around and have been very credible. They've done great in reviews and benchmarks. Take a look at the Black Ice SR radiator series. (Low FPI) A bit pricey but well worth it.

OP
E

Eugenius88

I wouldn't say they are the best radiators in the market. My favorite are Black Ice radiators. They've been around and have been very credible. They've done great in reviews and benchmarks. Take a look at the Black Ice SR radiator series. (Low FPI) A bit pricey but well worth it.
Since I'm going with 1850RPM Scythe Gentle Typhoons, should I just go for the GTX? Not sure if high FPI or low FPI is optimal for the fans and the speed.

GTXJackBauer

Since I'm going with 1850RPM Scythe Gentle Typhoons, should I just go for the GTX? Not sure if high FPI or low FPI is optimal for the fans and the speed.

Black Ice GTX Series are high FPI rads for high RPM fans.

OP
E

Eugenius88

I've been really looking at the GTX, but I've changed my mind on the 1850rpm fan, I was looking at 3000, 4250 and 5400 rpm fans, for maximum cooling potential. People say you have to do the PWM mod to the fan to make it able to have a controlled speed. People also say a fan controller, an expensive one. So with a fan controller with up to 30V a channel, would that support those fans? I plan on buying the Lamptron FC8 to control my fans.

GTXJackBauer

I've been really looking at the GTX, but I've changed my mind on the 1850rpm fan, I was looking at 3000, 4250 and 5400 rpm fans, for maximum cooling potential. People say you have to do the PWM mod to the fan to make it able to have a controlled speed. People also say a fan controller, an expensive one. So with a fan controller with up to 30V a channel, would that support those fans? I plan on buying the Lamptron FC8 to control my fans.

Well if noise isn't an issue than yes you can. Just grab a AP-30 with those GTX series radiators.

You only need PWM to control PWM fans. Those AP's are voltage regulated so you can use most fan controllers out there like the one you posted. You can even grab a 4 channel with 30 watts per channel.

OP
E

Eugenius88

Well if noise isn't an issue then yes you can. Just grab a AP-30 with those GTX series radiators
I want these in the range of the 1850RPM or less but in some situations to crank it up if needed. Noise is only a concern when it's too loud, say the AP-30 at 100% would be too much, hence my need for a fan controller.
You only need PWM to control PWM fans. Those AP's are voltage regulated so you can use most fan controllers out there like the one you posted.
It's nice that I'm still learning things, nice to know.
You can even grab a 4 channel with 30 watts per channel.
I also have 4 case fans, I'll probably control with the controller as well, or if I'm feeling crazy, I'll do push/pull.

GTXJackBauer

I want these in the range of the 1850RPM or less but in some situations to crank it up if needed. Noise is only a concern when it's too loud, say the AP-30 at 100% would be too much, hence my need for a fan controller.
It's nice that I'm still learning things, nice to know.
I also have 4 case fans, I'll probably control with the controller as well, or if I'm feeling crazy, I'll do push/pull.

I don't think you're ready to purchase yet. I hope you know at high FPI you don't need as much radiators as you would with low FPI in certain cases but you do sacrifice noise level. It will be pretty loud but again if you don't care for that than so be it. 900D is a really big case and can be easily utilized for low or high FPI rads. I went low and enjoy it every second. The air purifier on low is louder than the rig next to me.

Here's a little read you should do on the GTX 360 and SR1 360.

A SR1 480 and SR1 240 on the bottom radiators mounts of your case with just push OR pull with AP-15s or Helix120s for half the price will do you justice.

You can control all the fans you will be buying and the ones in the case as long as they aren't PWM.

OP
E

Eugenius88

I don't think you're ready to purchase yet.
I agree with you so much on that, I feel like I'm rushing myself and I still need to do some researching. I'm making all these decisions while I'm extremely tired so a nap would do me well, then I'll research later, thanks for your help Jack, I did look at Martin's overview on the rads, and I'll be leaning toward Sr1 w/ 1850's at this point, until further research.

OP
E

Eugenius88

The lovely people at FrozenCPU have the 480mm Monsta on Orderable and I'm happy now. Thing is now, I'm being extremely indecisive on my color scheme here. I have to decide for a color for my XSPC Photon LED, the CPU block and my tubing. Not entirely sure here, what to go on black, any ideas? I'm sorry I've annoyed you guys with over 8 pages of indecisiveness and inexperience :(