• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

liquid electrical tape

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nealric

I just got a bottle of this from the epo. It says it is a dielectric coating for sealing against moisture. I am definetly going to use it for the mobo, but I was wondering if I can use it for the ziff or not. It looks like paint, but it dries gummy. Do you think this would be ok?

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
I used in on the back of the zif and on the inside of it. So far everything is still working. With my dragon+ I coated all the pins on the back of the board and the AGP and video card just in case.

Since87

Yes, you want to use dielectric GREASE in the pinholes.

The grease does not change consistency, or dry out. (Or at least it does it very very slowly.)

The stuff that "dries gummy" is probably more of a conformal coating type material. You definitely do not want to put that into the pinholes of the socket. It might be good for waterproofing other parts of the motherboard though.