• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

liquid metal cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ennogs

Registered
Has anybody tried the new Danamics LMX liquid metal cooler? or found any good online reviews?

I didn't know it is illegal to import in most places. I have just done an online search and you are right the one relased last year was overpriced and did have import restrictions,

I meant tried in their PC to see how good it is at cooling. This is a new version not the crap LM10 released last year.

The old one was the LM10 released in 2008. It got pulled after 2 months due to poor reviews and overpricing (£235) . The new one is the LMX. It still has a hefty pricetag (£145) but will it perform?

http://www.danamics.com/lmx/

Uhh... nope. I've heard it uses NaK which might not be safer than mercury but I'm thinking it's sealed in well.

This cooler is interesting to me and the idea has some potential. Right now the price tag is still too high and the preformance isn't good enough but it certainly is interesting.

And the result of a punctured or corroded and leaking cooling tube could potentially burn your house down too, from reading the Wikipedia article you linked, Ben.

the lm10 used NaK, which is what caused the import restrictions.

Assuming you got one, if it ever developped a leak, say from repeated heating/cooling cycles, you'd quickly have an out of control reaction between the NaK and any moisture in the air.

Back