• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

liquid nitrogen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paxmax

NeoN068 said:
alot of people have done it before for experiments but it evaportates to quickly

Has someone tried to cool the actual CASE ????
It'll take a few gallons of the stuff !!! :D

[EG]~NaTz~

i talked to some guys at i forget what website. well i took the time to email them and i figured some stuff out.

they got 10 liters for 25 bucks.(from a distributer.)

the 10 liters lasted a cou8ple hours. this was cooling the gpu and p4. they overclocked them both really far. ill look for the link and if i find it ill throw it up on here for ur amusement later tonight.

Paxmax

johnnyw said:
take a look at www.octools.com , there is an old but nice experiment with ln2
LOL! Yeah, thoose articles are a load of laughs !
Great stuff really. Still I haven't found anything on cooling a whole case though. Yeah, sure, they immerse MB and GPU and CPU. I was more thinking if someone tried running a PC breathing nothing but very cold N2.
Well... I guess´there is no point in supercooling the powersupply.

[EG]~NaTz~

country- the guys i was talking about that did the ln2 basicly made a big funnel out of steyr foam(i cant spell), but they had a copper heatsink at the bottom i think. in not so sure though. they may have done it direct...

aenigma

moorcito said:
Or just build some sort of pump and cirulation system, that will reliquify the N2 and you are set.
Not just a pump.A refrigeration system using a nitrogen compressor capable of high side pressures over 5000psi.I know someone who has used a LN2 phase change system direct die (evaporator on cpu).He had some tech make it for him, and he cracked his cpu.The compressor made a bad sound and got louder, so he sold it.

Just pouring LN2 in a cup on the cpu is lame.Anyone can just pour ln2 in a cup for a short term test.

aenigma

Most average joes think it is cool. :)
But in reality, pouring liquid in a cup for a short term test isn't all that cool.

I didn't quite understand your last part "but I bet you had not risked your hardware for this test".

Bigg

could u make a closed loop ln sysytem that ran over the proc, then went over a phase change system to reliquefy?? what is the boiling ppoint of ln???