• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Liteon dvd compatible

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f17afalcon

I have Lite on ihas220-08 and im trying to install windows 7 on my hard drive. While installing windows, a screen pop up and windows say that it cant find your dvd driver. It ask you to search for the file for the dvd player but nothing pops up.

Does any one know that if my dvd player is compatible with windows 7 or i need to get another dvd player? or does any one know how to fix this problem?

Vipersfate

Since your DVD is SATA, it's possible that your system needs the drivers required for installing the SATA chipset. What motherboard do you have in your system?

Vipersfate

What I was meaning, sorry about not being clear. You may need the "RAID" Drivers for your motherboard. If you have a flash drive, download the raid drivers to the flash drive (unzipped), and when Windows 7 asks you for drivers, try going to the flash drive to the folder you unzipped the RAID drivers to. Windows 7 can load RAID/AHCI drivers from a flash drive sitting in your usb port.

OP
F

f17afalcon

I tried the raid drivers from the CD when i got the motherboard but it still does not find it.

OP
F

f17afalcon

were in the bios can i find that? im downloading something for for school right now so i cant check.

wb40

I am having the same problem, I have Lite on SOHW-1673s and trying to install windows 7, i completely wiped my hard drive and started fresh, upon install i hit a screen that says it was not able to find a driver for my CD/DVD drive, asks for to browse or put in disk for drivers. I am stumped as to what to do as i have an external Hard drive with some firmware/drivers for the drive and the install program does not see it as available...

Update: i have read from a few others on different forums that if you reboot several times the install program will discover your cd/dvd drive and continue install, i finally made it past the collecting information screen after several reboots.

Last edited: