• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

little problem with cod4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YOO

i just go this message: awaiting key code authorization. what is this? this is the first time ever i had a problem with this game since i bought it. it wont let me connect to the same server i have been playing for years. i updated punkbuster but that did nothing. any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Last edited:

jaymz9350

I get that every once in a while, sometimes it goes ahead and connects and sometimes I have to try a few times but I still eventually get connected to the server.

OP
YOO

YOO

I get that every once in a while, sometimes it goes ahead and connects and sometimes I have to try a few times but I still eventually get connected to the server.

how long will this last? i have been trying for over an hour and still nothing :bang head

jaymz9350

I'm not really sure, never had it not connect on a server I wanted to play on. I've gotten it when just searching around for different servers and usually just jump to the next after a few failed tries.

OP
YOO

YOO

I'm not really sure, never had it not connect on a server I wanted to play on. I've gotten it when just searching around for different servers and usually just jump to the next after a few failed tries.

wow i just tried a dozen servers and could not connect to neither. sigh

OP
YOO

YOO

well i cant play this morning either. does anybody know infinity ward forums? i may try posting this there and see if i can fix this stupid problem

OP
YOO

YOO

ok i think i found the problem. i removed my router (linksys WRT54GS) and connected my pc directly to the cable modem. after doing that i connected to the server just fine. so i pushed the reset button on the router to reset the settings. but now, i cant connect again and havent messed with anything. i dont know where to go from here. i know the router was the problem but it has not giving problems before and now outta the blue is doing this? what can i do from here? i know the router is stopping something but what? it shouldn't since nothing is blocked since i pushed the reset button.

RoC1909

ok i think i found the problem. i removed my router (linksys WRT54GS) and connected my pc directly to the cable modem. after doing that i connected to the server just fine. so i pushed the reset button on the router to reset the settings. but now, i cant connect again and havent messed with anything. i dont know where to go from here.

Are the following ports enabled?

* UDP 1500 (outbound)
* UDP 3005 (outbound)
* UDP 3101 (outbound)
* UDP 28960

Others have had this problem, but it's usually temporary.

Also, the forums are located at http://www.infinityward.com. On occasion, you won't be able to connect because there are too many people logged in, but keep trying and eventually you will. (Frankly, this company made a BOAT LOAD of money. You would think they could upgrade their connection.)

OP
YOO

YOO

Are the following ports enabled?

* UDP 1500 (outbound)
* UDP 3005 (outbound)
* UDP 3101 (outbound)
* UDP 28960

Others have had this problem, but it's usually temporary.

Also, the forums are located at http://www.infinityward.com. On occasion, you won't be able to connect because there are too many people logged in, but keep trying and eventually you will. (Frankly, this company made a BOAT LOAD of money. You would think they could upgrade their connection.)

how would go and find out if i have those ports blocked? they shouldnt be

OP
YOO

YOO

well i just spent 5 hours trying to fix this thing with no luck. the only way i can play is without hooking my router and that is not possible as i am running a small network in my house. i tried disabling the firewall in the router but that didnt work either. i give up. thanks for the people that tried to help out. oh i forgot to mention that i played left 4 dead online just for kicks and it worked fine. i even tried the port thing and didnt work for cod4.