• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Little problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePunkGeek

My friend formated his computer and install windows xp. after getting everything he wanted install he restarted now anytime he restarts after windows is loaded and he clicks to connect to the internet (ADSL) the comp freezes for like 2 min and then the thing to connect pops up. First i thought it would be something in the background trying to load that he install so i removed a few programs i thought might do it such as anti-virus and used msconfig to stop a few things from loading at boot still not sure what it is. Does anyone have a soultion to this? next to formating again :)

minoukat

get him to update the program (if I'm not mistaken, he's using Bell Sympatico High Speed, which means he has Access Manager). If that's true, tell your friend to go here and try updating it to the last version

DDR-PIII

Disabled
oh hes still using the accesss manager :p i had ADSL that came with that and it sucked... follow my instructions :)

Right click on" My Network Places" goto properties doubble click "New Connection" click next, Make sure that the "Connect to internet box is checked" and click next choose"set up my connection manually" click next im pretty sure he uses a user name/password so make sure that "connect using a broadband connections that requires a user name/ password" then click next type the ISP name in there "BELL Sympatico" then click next, fill out the next screen with his user name/ password below there there are some boxes check them all. thenclick next and thats all :) it should work perfect with no lag :D on that last page it asks if you wanbt to add a shortcut to your desktop choose what u wanna do :)

DDR-PIII

Disabled
thats odd, although it did lag on my computer and my ex g/f had the same ISP/modem and OS but it didnt lag on hers :/

minoukat

I had a problem like that with Access Manager and Windows XP (used an old version of Access Manager, which gave problems) It would load automatically at startup without any way of stopping it, then lag some 30seconds to 1 minute, then work. The only thing I had to do was to install the latest version, and the problems went away.