• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Live Bios Update fries board!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ezeKieL987

Dude i tried to update the bios to the new 1 that it said and now i try to boot my comp up and all red lights a no booty! This suks i just got all my new stuff! well imma try to rma it. Anyone else had this problem, and can someone give me advice on which bios to use next board?

trdsw20

When I tried to Live Bios I think I caught a Proxy... Whew thank god... Well sorry to hear about it I think its best just to download the BIOS and install through command prompt
By the way sorry to hear that it didnt work out.

OP
ezeKieL987

ezeKieL987

i usually do but i thought i would try it this way. but man i hope this doesnt happen to everyone. But the new board is running strong. :D

trdsw20

How about the Live Drive? I dont mean do that instead but has anybody tried it and experienced any serious problems?

OP
ezeKieL987

ezeKieL987

yea i usually do it the old way with the floppy disk....wait let me rephrase that...THE RIGHT WAY!!! but in all real it didnt exactly fry my board but like it wouldnt make it to windows without blue screen, or u could enter the bios and set the chip the reboot on any occasion and....red dr. led's all across the board!!
:confused:

OP
ezeKieL987

ezeKieL987

Yes i no that, thats how i have always done it. But i wanted to see if the other way worked, like if the average person was to update there's. Well this happened, so i feel bad for the average person who does it this way. Hopefully they dont have the same luck i did and it works for them.