• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Live Drive IR Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

Well, I narrowed my problem down to one thing, the drivers! What happens is when I install the Sound Blaster Live drivers (XP ones), the Live Drive IR seizes to exist! The remote doesnt work nore does the headphone outs. Does anyone know of updated working drivers that are available that I can download?

I heard you gotta pay for the newest live drivers!

DS-Master

I know several people now with this issue and I am wondering if anyone knows anything?

Original Liveware! windows2000 drivers work with WindowsXP and the Live Drive IR works perfect but as soon as I install the new liveware XP drivers, I loose my live drive :(

OC-Master

willlangford said:
hmm thats odd....whats the advantage of having the lastest drivers??

~Will

HUGE advantage,

the speaker settings no longer reset with the new drivers unlike before where they would reset to 2 speakers. That is a real pain for people like me who have 5.1 setup but windows will never keep that setting and bring things back to 2 speakers :( And in games, they also reset back to 2 speakers and you have to manually reset the configurations everytime. HUGE BUG but was fixed.

Now if only the live drive bug is fixed :(

OC-Master

ok guys this is it !

Response from Creative: 8/9/2002 8:28:49 AM

Nico,

1. Change the speaker configurations in the Creative Surround Mixer, toggle the option for "Digital Out Only".

2. Reinstall the updated drivers over themselves.

3. Power down the system, disconnect the LiveDrive! then boot into Windows. Power down again, and reattach the Live!Drive. Restart windows.

4. RUN CTZAPXX to uninstall the new drivers update, then reinstall the original drivers. Ensure that the Live!Drive is functional. Power down and detach the LiveDrive . Restart the computer into Windows and reinstall the update. After the system has restarted with the new drivers, power down and reconnect the LiveDrive.

5. Move the Sound Blaster Live! to another PCI slot.
Reinstall the updated Remote Center, available as a separate download.

Michael
Creative Labs Technical Support

I'm afraid that's what they tell everyone.
Word for word.

It's a joke is also what I believe along with many others in the forum believe :(

I'm dying and I need to be put out of my misserry :(.

OC-Master

willlangford said:
thats sucks hard.

Bump! This issue still exists for me and if there is anyone out there that knows anything, pleeeazzee come forward, me begging to get me live drive working about without having to roll back to the old nasty drivers.

OC-Master

why do creative s/c's have so many problems!!!

does the audigy platinum have similar probs as I was looking at getting one of those?

I woner how much testing goes into new drivers before they are released, from the looks of it not a lot!!! :(

did you follow the steps from creative? if so I gather they didnt work, if not give em a call and roast em :) (I know I would)

The support has been soo lowsy ever since Creative Labs introduced the SB Live! 5.1 series.

I bet Creative could fix this HUGE bug in 20minutes by simply rewriting the path which enables the Live Drive driver which is part of all Sound Blaster Live Drivers.

This is soo dumb having the platinum Live card and not being able to use the live drive with the latest creative drivers. Sure I could roll back to the old drivers but then all games will only play with 2 channels sound on XP. I need 5.1!

OC-Master

I have the same exact problem with my SB Live! 5.1 Platinum. I'm using Win2KSP3 and I lose all Live Drive function when I update to the latest drivers. When I revert back to the original CD drivers, the Live Drive functions fine.
I've received about 7 recommendations from Creative, mostly repeats, and nothing has worked.
I'd love to just use the SoundStorm in my soon to arrive A7N8X, but I need the inputs in the LiveDrive for editing tapes, using headphones ect.
Somebody must have a solution for us.

Despotes said:
I have the same exact problem with my SB Live! 5.1 Platinum. I'm using Win2KSP3 and I lose all Live Drive function when I update to the latest drivers. When I revert back to the original CD drivers, the Live Drive functions fine.
I've received about 7 recommendations from Creative, mostly repeats, and nothing has worked.
I'd love to just use the SoundStorm in my soon to arrive A7N8X, but I need the inputs in the LiveDrive for editing tapes, using headphones ect.
Somebody must have a solution for us.

http://www.mydrivers.com/dir63/d25334.htm

That link could potentially hold the key to the solution for our problems. If you could help me test out these latest drivers, that would be great! :)

Man, the 170MB+ for a Driver is heavy!

OC-Master

Back