• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LMAO MBM5 bug

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobt17

:p ohh how i wish this were true lol i just restarted my comp and look what i found when got all booted up this is the first time i had my computer play an april fools joke on me :D :p

Genoide

Ummm I get weird readings using my MB5, its totally different readings with the bios util.

+3.3 = 1.52
-12 = 1.79 (positive)
-5 = 1.5 (positive)

OP
B

bobt17

OnDborder said:
How did that happen?

i dont really know how but i dont think i'm the first one who has had it happen..... i just thought i would post it up here because its so close to april fools and my mbm5 just decided to go and tell me my comp was at almost 2.1ghz lol :p i still havent restarted mbm so it still says that and i think i will leave it there a while because it will probly trick anyone who dosent know better lol:D

Gilgamesh

bobt17 said:
doh lol 4got to atach the pic so here it is
2008 Mhz At 1.80v is very impressive, may be you've got a XP1600 t-bred.:D :D
I also have my bugs in MBM5 i get -112 C as system lol

OP
B

bobt17

hehe :p anyone else have this little bug :) right now my comp is still running at 2.08ghz by mbm5 lol i just dont want to see that pretty number disapear :p

FRANK

And to think of all of all the people that rely on this program to monitor their temperatures!

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

mustangman

I had a fan rpm that reading real high, don't remeber now what it said but damn according mbm5 it was screaming! It showed the 12v line over 100v same with the 3.3v.
Can you say CRISPY CRITTER!

eobard

Give me a break Senior
And yet people complain when PROBE give 10c too high a reading on the core. Let's all enjoy have hundreds of thousands of volts too many being reported. :rolleyes:

dgm6780

Registered
Whats a good alt to MBM5? I got MBM temps in my tray, and primarily rely on them to check temps. The only other way I got is a PC health thingie in my BIOS. I thought I seen a temp reading in Sandra once, but just looked and couldnt find it. So what are the alternatives?

NOob

mustangman

dgm6780 said:
Whats a good alt to MBM5? I got MBM temps in my tray, and primarily rely on them to check temps. The only other way I got is a PC health thingie in my BIOS. I thought I seen a temp reading in Sandra once, but just looked and couldnt find it. So what are the alternatives?

NOob
MBM is a good program it just reports some strange things from time to time. I have never had anything that reported wrong long term. It normally happens at boot up and if it doesn't correct itself within a few minutes I close it and restart it and it is fine.
If you aren't having problems with MBM don't worry about it if you are close it and restart it.

peppy

yeah i had my duron 650 at 3206mhz once :) that would a been sweet if it were real

tom kruze

mbm works great for me in the time ive been using it i never gotten any strange numbers but then again im pretty new so i figure it will happen sooner or later. hmonitor works pretty well too but you gotta pay for it i think